Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you have a hard time....

Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default do you have a hard time....

Fallin' asleep the night before opening morning?? Last year I felt like a 10yr old on chrismas eve. Then I woke up and it was pooring rain. I love the rush of knowing my favorite time of the year has arrived. How about you? Any good opening day stories????????
Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: do you have a hard time....

this isnt bow hunting but my first year i was able to hunt with a gun i was sitting with my dad in the pouring rain it was about 7 o clock and i was asleep my dad woke me up and he said casey get ready there is a deer coming i can see it walking toward us get your gun up...the deer walked within 10 yards of us and my dad kept saying to me shoot it...shoot it. so i shot and my dad turned to my with my deer dead on the ground right there he says why did you shoot it in the head what are you doing. i said well you said shoot it and that was the only shot that i had. we was sitting in a spot where he could see the body of the deer and i could not all i saw was the head so i shot it. we called my brother on the radio and said i shot a deer. i gut it out and brought it back to the cabin. we were half way home when we got a call on my dads cell phone and my brother said he had shot a deer and it was on the ground and he could see it. we got back and it was a huge bodied buck with only two little spikes coming out of his head.(bad genetics) that was the first year i was ever hunting up there with them and we had two deer hanging at the cabin within an hour. at the cabin that night my dad looked at me and said casey hunting is not that easy and he started to laugh he said this is the first time in 15 years that we have had 2 deer on opening day. (lot of deer a lot more land to hunt...and i hunt public land up north where i hunt) and he was right it is not that easy. lol so that is my story
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Opening day deer season doesn't get me going to much. Mainly because I haven't done much early season hunting the last 5 years. Normally I don't get excited till Mid October. This year though I plan on doing some early season hunting so I might go out opening morning and If I do I'll be excited I'm sure the night before. If were talking elk hunting or bear hunting I cannot sleep at all the night before!!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, But you've heard them .
Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like opening day of gun season, for some reason i always see the biggest bucks on opening morning of rifle season when im hunting with my bow
Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

i do. Once i get to thinking about something i cant sleep.

rick