Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you do it?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: would you do it?

Actually if he had to call the land owner to tag it or yell for him, he broke the law. The land owner must have had to been with in eyesight and talking distance, its against the law to use radio, cell phone or cb communications to inform someone you shot a deer and need them to tag it. Also even if he didnt touch the deer, if hes group hunting its against the law to leave the deer unattended while not being tagged.
ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

If he was party hunting and the deer was tagged by another member of the hunting party before it was moved, it is legal in Wisconsin. If he moved it or field dressed it and then the landowner put the tag on it, the law was broken. Just got done reading the Wisconsin DNR Deer Hunting Regulations.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Suppose you saw him in theheadlights "just" 15 minutes before shooting time?

Is there a difference?
In the eyes of the law, no. It is still illegally harvesting game. If we all drew our own lines in the sand what would we have? Chaos. That said, for me, being in PA which is a one buck state, I have a hard time letting arrows go knowing that I can't shoot another. The situation that scares me the most is if I shoot a buck and am back out in the woods and see the monster of a life time. I hope that I would have the integrity to let him walk.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Ithink there are hunters here that would take the buck if they thaught they would see a doe later that day but if you didnt get that doe it`s gonna be hard hiding a big buck until you do,your better off passing on the buck until you get a doe.
I sure am glad minnesota does`nt have any stupid laws like that!
If laws are there for a reason whats the reason for that one? They want more dead deer?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Earn a buck is just about the most aasinign law I've heard of. If they want to ensure more does are killed, give out some more tags. Subjecting the poor guy that only gets a Saturday here and there to the earn a buck is just not fair to all. I think if I lived in a earn a buck state and they had a phone in system I'd call in a doe before I left the house opening day. LOL I'd burn a tag rather than be subjected to the above senerio. LOL So would I shoot the buck. No, no deer worth loosing my license and priviledges to hunt.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

SO your asking how many people will break the law? I'm sure everyone on here will confess to it! Hell no I got a family to raise and take care of I don't need to break the law for an animal thats for sure! We need a poll added to the top so I can vote "THIS IS GAY"
Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Earn a buck is just about the most aasinign law I've heard of
I would have to agree with david on this one but never the less no i would not shoot.
Its not so much that i would get cought that bothers me, but knowing that i killed it illegal even if no one else knows.[&:]

Old 08-15-2008, 07:08 AM

I wont shoot the buck!