Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you do it?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you do it?

If he was party hunting and the deer was tagged by another member of the hunting party before it was moved, it is legal in Wisconsin. If he moved it or field dressed it and then the landowner put the tag on it, the law was broken. Just got done reading the Wisconsin DNR Deer Hunting Regulations.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope......... you haven't earned it this yr yet. Let him walk and then worry about filling the doe tag faster this yr. If your doe tag is filled then you can shoot to your hearts delight.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 PM

you did the right thing but I just would hate that rule. In fact I would hate being able to only kill one buck a year. We get 3 bucks and as many doe tags as we want to buy here In Southeast Va. There are just soooo many freakin deer in this part of the state, not enough land to sustain them actually. And honestly, I don't see where it hurts our big bucks either. In one of my clubs last year we killed 140 deer, and that is with a 3 deer limit set by the club, gun only, and we shot 97 bucks, out of the 97 bucks 26 were 120 up 175 " .....what is it with that earn a buck crap??
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I refuse to be forced into killing, its not what hunting is about. I understandshooting hoursand bag limits but our government is out of control on demanding things to achieve goals that might not be beneficial to the hunters whom are paying their wages.[:-]

Sheepeople and lemmings have allot in common.[:-]

Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow Landon! ...."and we shot 97 bucks, out of the 97 bucks 26 were 120 up 175 " QUALITY~
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

VAB earn a buck is a law in wisconsin saying you have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 PM

yep shadow, 5,000 acs of dogs and deer, we get em up on their feet and the fun begins. This club is very elite in this part of the state, we got a waiting list longer than Redskin season ticket holders!! You still welcome to come and try it!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:12 PM

I break the hunting law quite a bit, I hunt by myself, I will continue to do so until the DEC comes out there and sits with me, and with a cell phone your really not that far away. I only hunt 300 yards from my house. But on that I would shoot a doe first then hunt harder for that bigger deer.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Typical Buck

i woiuldnt have shot him either. It would be hard though
rick
Old 08-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes he did break the law as he was group hunting with an archery weapon. Im assuming the landowner had a tag, but was not with him that night or within talking distance. Im also sure he left the deer unatended which is another violation, to have the landowner come out and tag the deer. Just goes to show you that some people will do anything to get their buck. Someone really needs to start reading the regualtions before heading out.

ORIGINAL: jim1966

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Integrity First - The Buck Walks.

Side Note. By letting someone else who had not shot a doe tag yours here in Iowa that would be considered aiding and abetting the commission of a crime. If he then took a buck without killing a doe first you could have lost your hunting license for five years. I know you were just trying to be nice to the landowner, but in reality you did no one any service by doing so. I'll probably catch crap on this one, but still integrity comes first.
I think what he did is called party hunting. Is that illegal in wisconsin? I know in Indiana its illegal. Some states allow it though.

Wisconsin Regulations:

[align=left]Group Deer Hunting Law[/align]
[align=left]Group Hunting:
It is illegal to kill game for another person EXCEPT that during a[/align][align=left]deer fi rearm season only any member of a group deer hunting party may kill a deer[/align][align=left]for another member of the party. Group hunting is not legal for archery deer hunting.[/align][align=left]All participants must be licensed and each must possess a fi rearm. Members of a[/align][align=left]group deer hunting party should also agree in advance that a tag holder is willing to[/align][align=left]use their tag on a deer killed by another member of the party.[/align][align=left]The following conditions are established by law to ensure that hunters are actively[/align][align=left]participating in the hunt, are in the fi eld and do not harvest more deer than the group[/align][align=left]has tags for:[/align][align=left]1. A group deer hunting party must be at least 2 or more hunters who are hunting[/align][align=left]together within sight or voice contact of one another at all times. Temporary loss[/align][align=left]of voice or visual contact for a reasonable time due to terrain or weather conditions[/align][align=left]is acceptable. Hunters may not kill deer for persons who are not out in the fi eld[/align][align=left]actively hunting with the party or are at other locations apart from the area where[/align][align=left]the hunter killed the deer.[/align][align=left]2. Group deer hunting is not allowed to fi ll the special free Antlerless Deer Carcass[/align][align=left]Tag issued to fi rst-time Hunter Education graduates.[/align][align=left]3. Hunters may not use cellular phones, special free radio communications or other[/align][align=left]mechanical or electronic amplifying devices, (except hearing aids) to get someone[/align][align=left]to tag a deer. It is legal to use electronic devices for reasons other than getting[/align][align=left]someone to tag a deer.[/align][align=left]4. The hunter for whom the deer is killed must possess a valid, unused carcass tag for[/align][align=left]the type of deer killed.[/align][align=left]5. The hunter killing the deer may not leave the deer unattended until after the deer[/align][align=left]is tagged and the tag is validated according to the deer carcass tagging instructions[/align][align=left](page 17). A hunter is attending a deer if the hunter can see the deer.[/align][align=left]6. Convicted felons cannot participate in group deer hunting or allow use of their[/align][align=left]tag by anyone else. Deer drivers are not required to possess fi rearms or hunting[/align][align=left]licenses.[/align][align=left]7. Adults may not gun deer hunt during the October 11 and 12 youth gun deer hunt.[/align]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.