Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not a PEEP out of anyone? Liberty Archery

Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not a PEEP out of anyone? Liberty Archery

This thing looks dangerous to me. Look where his left arm is in relation to the bottom cam. I wouldn't want any part of my body that close to the cams on a compound bow.

You'd better wear an arm guard or have damn perfect form because what would be just a little string slap on the forearm with a normal bowcould turn into a nasty injury with this bow.

Imagine getting your forearm skin pinched between the cam and the string. OUCH!!!! [:@]
Old 08-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks cool to me. Easy to make a move in the tree without bumping anything and looks good for some stalk hunting.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.libertyarchery.com/

I have video of him shooting it....I'll have a kill with one on video this season.....Not trying to promote....just thought it was weird with zero replies.....
Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

And why the hell is it so expensive???

Isn't the riser the most expensive part of the bow? There's NO RISER, yet it's over $800????
Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

He has put over a thousand rounds through it with just serving wear....BUT....I would not want to be near it if she blew up[:@]
Old 08-14-2008, 06:43 PM

I'd be interested in trying one, definitely.

Guy goes from being a water bed King to making bows on his own personal CNC machineout of his apartment. I'd want one for the simple fact that he started this business from the ground up with the help of friends.

I've shot the X-Force SS and it sure is a shooter, I'd like to at least try a Liberty. I doubt I'd really hunt with one, but talk about a conversation starter.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thing is too flat out wack for me!~
Old 08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck anyone that gets one. I will pass, guess I'm just afraid of that much change!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot them extensively and hunted with one as well. I used to work for what was Howards largest dealer in the country, Lemme's Archery in Albany, NY.

The bow serves a very specialized purpose. It's for killing critters at 30 yards and closer. It is not as forgiving as a full length bow, but plenty forgiving for the average shooter to kill deer at 30 yards and closer. The size/weight benefits are a big advantage in a lot of hunting specific situations. It's really the perfect bow for hunting with out of a ground blind. One of the guys I used to work with shot one for a 3D season just for giggles and to show it off for a bit, and won every single event he registered in (senior class). I'd love to have another one and may someday. If you guys search you will see a very detailed review I put up years ago on the Liberty 1.

Edit - For those afraid of hitting your arm on this bow, it literally is impossible. The bow uses an X style shoot through cable system. You literally cannot hit your arm with the string, the cables protect your arm and won't allow the string to get closer than about 1" from your arm.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats what the bow did...it started many conversations in Quebec..and the when we shot it at 20 yards...we kind of scratched our heads... and thought...wow...this shoots as good of groups as my Hoyt....

Long range shots...I would not know ....I bet its tough with the liberty though...

Quick Reply: Not a PEEP out of anyone? Liberty Archery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.