Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Might Be Causing This?

Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default What Might Be Causing This?

This is my second year shooting a bow. I am pulling 48 pounds; well MOST days that is.

I am doing alot of target practice before the season starts. For some reason, at times I haveDIFFICULTY pulling back. It's kinda like I lock up. I don't think it's because my poundage is set too high because sometimes I pull it right back.

I would really like some advice on this. Maybe a technique you use. I want to be consistent. It is very frustrating. And I sure want to be able to do it with ease when hopefully I get the shot at my first deer with my Matthews DXT this year.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Might Be Causing This?

how many times a week do you shoot. i'm getting some friends of mine into archery and they are a little older so we starte them low# and i told them to pull their bow back and hold it for about 10 seconds 4 times almost every day to build up their "bow" muscles.

It could be cause you are shooting to much. i know if i try to stretch my shooting sessions out i can feel my arm getting weaker as I go on. dont push your self to much.

just some options.not for sure though.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Default RE: What Might Be Causing This?

Does any1 think this might be a problem with the bow. The cams might not be rolling right or somthing. Like mentioned above, hold it back for a decent amount of time. I can hold my bow back for about 2.5 mins.