Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Helmet Cams

Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Helmet Cams

How many of you have tried different helmet cams? I have an Archos Helmet Cam and it's okay, but it picks the wind and every other noise.

Today my wife gave me the Stealth Cam Epic for an early birthday present. I tried it out and its okay I guess, but it's hard to get it adjusted to where the camera sees what you are facing.

I'll put a couple of test videos on my website in a bit. There are some more ways I want to try attaching the camera to get that shot even though it comes with a tree attachment and I could always hook it up that way.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Helmet Cams

I have posted some reviews on the Epic here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...=&#2934546

Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Epic attached to stabilizer video

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/af_hunter/?action=view&current=stabilizer.flv
Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used a HoytTech camera and it does a good job however it must be plugged into another camcorder such as a Handycam and can be very tedious.

http://www.hoyttech.com/

I now use the POV.1 and really like it. Its digital (records onto SD card), completely waterproof, has a wireless remote for start and stop, and a viewing screen so you can see what your recording...

http://www.heartlandbowhunter.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=17&idproduct=17

You can see footage from the POV.1 used on our show regularly as a second camera angle
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's $$$$$

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I have used a HoytTech camera and it does a good job however it must be plugged into another camcorder such as a Handycam and can be very tedious.

http://www.hoyttech.com/

I now use the POV.1 and really like it. Its digital (records onto SD card), completely waterproof, has a wireless remote for start and stop, and a viewing screen so you can see what your recording...

http://www.heartlandbowhunter.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=17&idproduct=17

You can see footage from the POV.1 used on our show regularly as a second camera angle
Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

It's $$$$$
As with anything, you get what you pay for. For the average guy, the POV1 is quite an investment. I know several soldiers who purchased them and took them overseas with them. I have seen the videos produced with it and it's a very good product. I plan on taking the Epic, the Archos, and my camcorder. I won't have TV quality with them, but will be able to splice the videos together and have something I can watch over and over again. Once I start working again, I will be looking to add the POV1 to my video arsenol. Thanks Michael for bringing this to the forefront, I'm sure there are others who will be purchasing them shortly.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

No problem bud...as with anything that has to do with technology, the price will be much different probably by the time you are ready to purchase one and the capabilities will be far more advanced!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

No problem bud...as with anything that has to do with technology, the price will be much different probably by the time you are ready to purchase one and the capabilities will be far more advanced!
Thats very true! Last year the POV's were listed @ $750 a piece. Does the POV1 have the loop capability where it starts writing over previous recording until you get to the point where you want to save? I thought that was really good. Start the recording when you get there and if it takes an hour or two before your deer shows up, it will just keep recording over the card.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Thats very true! Last year the POV's were listed @ $750 a piece. Does the POV1 have the loop capability where it starts writing over previous recording until you get to the point where you want to save? I thought that was really good. Start the recording when you get there and if it takes an hour or two before your deer shows up, it will just keep recording over the card.
Im not sure about that, but i think that would really kill the battery life. The POV.1 has a wireless remote so what i do is get it all set up and where i want it, then when a deer starts to come in you just hit record on the tiny remote that i keep in my pocket.

That would be a cool feature though...im not sure if it has it or not
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you better send me one of those POV1's to perform the Average Guy Performance Beta Testing!!! If you overnight it, I'll start recording tomorrow and find out if it has the loop option, how long the batteries last, and all that good stuff. Shoot, I'm feeling so generous, I won't even charge you to test it! What more could y'all want???

Quick Reply: Helmet Cams

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.