Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spinoff of taking a fawn...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spinoff of taking a fawn...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I shoot what I want, when I want and could give a rats ass what anyone else thinks or says!
I agree.

NOW....I have a little different view than some.....and that's OK. Do I look at every deer I kill as a "trophy"? Nope. Have I ever regretted taking one? Nope.
I have to agree here also... taking a deer is an accomplishment but not always a trophy!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:24 AM

I feel bad for people that cant look at every animal they take and not view it as a trophy. But I can understand if your definition of trophy is different.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Every deer is NOT a trophy to me. Some are just does taken to eat. I shoot them & eat them. I am not proud nor ashamed. I've shot fawns, I don't hide it, but I certainly ain't going to flaunt it either.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel bad for people that cant look at every animal they take and not view it as a trophy.
No offense intended, Bowtech.....but your area may be just a tad different than mine. WHY we allhunt is extremely personal. Our goals will all be different. HOW I hunt is quite different from how I WISH I could hunt.

That may make sense to you, one day.

Every deer is NOT a trophy to me. Some are just does taken to eat. I shoot them & eat them. I am not proud nor ashamed. I've shot fawns, I don't hide it, but I certainly ain't going to flaunt it either.
Thanks, Ryan
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still veiw taking a doe a great accomplishment no less of an accomplishment than taking a trophy deer just do not consider it a trophy thats all. I consider it meat on the table!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I feel bad for people that cant look at every animal they take and not view it as a trophy.
No offense intended, Bowtech.....but your area may be just a tad different than mine. WHY we allhunt is extremely personal. Our goals will all be different. HOW I hunt is quite different from how I WISH I could hunt.

That may make sense to you, one day.

Thanks, Ryan

I respect whatever your goals are, im just stating that nobody should feel regret about taking an animal with a bow. Because when I start hunting to fill the freezer I probaly wont view it as a trophy but it will still be one.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I shoot what I want, when I want and could give a rats ass what anyone else thinks or says! If someone hunts to impress others or to get an atta boy, they sure are missing out, or maybe they should take up golf!
10-4 Joe!!

My 1st 4 deer were fawns. Everyone would of guessed I just shot a world record for as excited and as proud as I was with them fawns. I was 13 years old when I shot my 1st deer, it was a doe fawn. When I shot it that evening I thought it was a doe. When we found it that night I was wrong, it was a fawn and it didn't change a thing on how I felt about it. That same night one of the guys that came with us to track it told his kid when we found my fawn that you can do better then that on your 1st deer, fawns are too easy! My dad damn near flew off the handle on this guy when he said that in front of us all to his son. Some people will never get it! This guy no longer is a friend of the family. My dad don't put up with this stuff and neither do I. A deer is a deer and as long as the person doing the shooting is proud thats what matters.

My 1st mount on the wall is of my doe fawn. I'm not bashful one bit about telling people what it is. I'm proud of that deer. My dad was proud of it too and thats why he said its going on the wall.

How many people would have a fawn mounted on the wall for everyone to see? Not many I'm guessing because there to chicken **** on what other people would think and say. Grow some balls and shoot what you want and tell the whole world about it because your proud of your animal. If you can't do that, you've got problems.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

amen schultzy
Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

nope.....

you can ask the crew i hunt with...i shot a button buck in flintlock season....came out of a drive...2 of them...i knew they were yearlings but figured 2 together...they shoulda both been doe yearlings...tried lookings but i couldnt tell...smoke cleared and you woulda thought i had a booner layed out...first flintlock deer!

and i had some nice pics taken in the woods and the whole 9yds...wished it wasnt a BB but thats how it panned out....cant take it back now...beautiful tanned hide and some of the best venison there is...

i'll never care what anyone thinks of what i kill...my choice....and wont bash anyone for what they killed so long as its legal....

here we are!

his hide is underneath the coon and fox pelts..

Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I respect whatever your goals are, im just stating that nobody should feel regret about taking an animal with a bow.
I think you're reading into this. No one said they felt regret. I've never regretted taking a deer.

Quick Reply: Spinoff of taking a fawn...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.