Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Questions

Old 03-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Questions

Can abybody tell me anything about the Bowtech Blackhawk? I' m not sure I want to go down to a bow with a 29" ATA but at 8" brace height and 310+ fps IBO, it has me interested. Also the speeds that Bowtech advertises, is that at 80% letoff or 65%? The Blackhawk can be either one.

The other ones that have me interested are the Extereme VFT and the Black Knight of course. The only drawback to the BK is that it is available in 65% Letoff only.

Aussie Guy, did you say call the guy at Lake Country Archery in Alba?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Questions

I recently ordered the Blackhawk due to the same spec sheet desirables you mentioned. The 28.75" ata has me a little worried also, but I only shoot 30 yards max while hunting which should be easily attainable.
It hasn' t come in yet and I won' t make my final decision on the bow until I shoot it. I plan on leaving the shop with a new bow, just not too sure which one.
The shop owner said no big deal if I don' t buy it because he' ll have no problems selling it.
Now I have to wait. tic-toc, tic-toc......
Old 03-10-2003, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mike.
You can call either Lake Country Archery or Red Sands is now also a dealer for BT.
Red Sands does have some of the blackhawks in stock.
Dont let the 65% turn you off tho I can hold my DC Pat for a couple of minutes now that I am used to the 65%.
You have shot my bow so you kinda know how the let off is
Old 03-10-2003, 07:59 AM

I think you need to really consider the VFT. I' ve had mine now for about two weeks and I wouldn' t trade it for the world. But the best thing you can do is shoot them all and decide which one fits you the best.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Aussie. Red Sands is MUCH closer to home. Do you think they will work with me on the price?