Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech serving seperation?! Already?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech serving seperation?! Already?

As most you you know, I sold my Switchback and got a Commander in July. I noticed last night that I've already got some serving seperation. Anyone else shooting Bowtechs' have this problem so soon? Sorry if it's hard to see in the pics. It's minor but will it produce a problem?

Old 08-13-2008, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowtech serving seperation?! Already?

I'll be honest.....

If that were occurring on my Bowtech (read....it might be!).....I'd never know it. I don't examine mine that closely. If someone says that amount of serving separation is detrimental to the bows performance.....I'll maybe check it out. I just don't think it is (admittedly uneducated assumption).

I'd like to hear what the corp. guys think, though.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think it's bad enough to really worry about. If it were my bow I'd probably just put some synthetic string wax on the serving and keep shooting.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I normally don't pay THAT much attention either. I just happened to notice it yesterday evening while practicing. The cable/string in that area was a little lighter in color than the rest of it so it caught my eye. I wouldn't think it is that much of a problem it just aggrivates me that something like that is happening so soon...given the $$$$ I dropped on it!

Corporate guys, a word????
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM

I think that happens to all bows over time....I wouldn't worry about it...If it starts to pull apart at the cams you might want to worry...It shouldn't have any effect on the performance of the bow
Old 08-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I know it happens "over time" to all bows but I just bought it last month! [:@]

I still love the bow I'm just a bit aggrivated at the time frame.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

How many times have you shot it in that month?

To be honest that isn't bad at all if you have several hundred shots on a factory string and a heck of a lot better than what a Zebra or barracudastring would be doing after a month of shooting it, an most any other factory string.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure exactly how many arrows I've put through it. If I had to wager a guess I'd say around 200-300. I could be way off but that's probably close.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 AM

I dont think that thats a big deal, I was using a ball bearing relaese when I started shooting, My serving was seperated in like 50 shots, it lasted about 2.5 years and i shoot alot.

I just got a new string last night and shot it like 100 times this morning.

Could it be the string stretching, the guy said it would take a while for the string to be broke in.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I dont think that thats a big deal, I was using a ball bearing relaese when I started shooting, My serving was seperated in like 50 shots, it lasted about 2.5 years and i shoot alot.

I just got a new string last night and shot it like 100 times this morning.

Could it be the string stretching, the guy said it would take a while for the string to be broke in.
You have a different problem than the original poster. His serving is near his cam. You are talking about your center serving. For your situation I'd suggest buying a serving tool and thread and learning how to tie your own center serving. There are many good tutorials out there on the internet. Or you could consider switching to a D-loop. I used to shoot of the string with a ball bearing release too so I can totally relate to your situation. I was reserving my string almost montly it seemed. LOL

Quick Reply: Bowtech serving seperation?! Already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.