Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand Maintenance?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Stand Maintenance?

I know some may already have their stands hung, but the question may pertain to you as well.

What maintenance do you do to your stands (Mostly Lock-on type) before the season? Stress? Noise? Scent? etc.?

Thanks, LT
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stand Maintenance?

I always check my straps, seats, bolts and everythign that may come lose or make noise over a period of time, if bolts are rusty, I replace the, if straps are frayed, I replace them. If theres any rust on the stands I wire brush the section, hit it with a brillow pad, wipe with warm water, let dray, prime, let sit, prime again, and then put 2-3 layers of outdoor paint.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Wis. I do most of what you do as well. I know there are probably some other good pointers out there as well. I know I have used Nylon or Teflon Washers along with the factory washers to remove unwanted squeaks as well as vegetable oil (small amount) on the moving joints.

LT
Old 08-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

I always go out about a month before season and make sure everything is ok with them and clear some lanes
rick

Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

hairless, I always pull my stands after season so I can inspect them at home and kinda give them a stress test by practicing out of them, even if it is only a few feet off the ground. I do not want to climb into that stand opening day only to find a squirrel has half eaten my ratchet strap. (After I get in it)[]Dang little critters eat anything.

This, along witht the other thread I posted this morning, I hope, will get people's attention and help them to be safe this season.

LT