Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting & quiver?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Hunting & quiver?

Do ya'll suggest takin' you quiver off while your huntin' or in the stand? Does it really affect your shot that much?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting & quiver?

I always take mine off, but it's whatever your comfortable with doing.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:05 AM

I take mine off when I get to the stand, but not because it affects my shooting. It just gets in the way. It seems uneccesary to have it on my bow while on stand.

In fact, the only time my quiver is ever on my bow is the walk from the truck to the stand. Other than that, it's off.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why have an attached quiver on my bow when I'm not roaming but remaining at a selected ambush location? There simply isn't a reason to use a noise and vibration inducing quiveron my bow rig.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Why have an attached quiver on my bow when I'm not roaming but remaining at a selected ambush location? There simply isn't a reason to use a noise and vibration inducing quiveron my bow rig.
As to your first question.....I suggest that everyone practice taking follow-up shots with their quiver attached and with their quiver somewhere else. This is THE reason I shoot with my quiver on my bow during hunting season (deer). For turkey it's a non-issue. I keep an arrow out of my quiver, lying on the ground beside me (in the blind).

As to your latter statement.....I also suggest everyone utilize a quality quiver that doesn't give you these type "issues".
Old 08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Bartender

I do not use a quiver.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's a non-issue for me. This year, I'll be using the quiver shown below. I love this thing.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Quivers have been on my bow's for 23 years and will continue to be. To me there is no other way. How many people here have been caught in the tree with your quiver hanging in one spot and a deer in front of you when your getting yourself settled into your stand after just getting up there?
Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Quivers have been on my bow's for 23 years and will continue to be. To me there is no other way. How many people here have been caught in the tree with your quiver hanging in one spot and a deer in front of you when your getting yourself settled into your stand after just getting up there?
It's not happened to me, Schultzy, and it's not likely to. I'm always on my stand well before shooting light, and I stay there. If I need a follow-up shot, I have the "Second Chance" screw-in arrow clips so that I have another arrow out and ready. I needed one badly last year and I couldn't fumble an arrow out of my quiver fast enough.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

It's not happened to me, Schultzy, and it's not likely to. I'm always on my stand well before shooting light, and I stay there. If I need a follow-up shot, I have the "Second Chance" screw-in arrow clips so that I have another arrow out and ready. I needed one badly last year and I couldn't fumble an arrow out of my quiver fast enough.
Were ya shaking??? Lol! Thats funny stuff there Chief!!

Quick Reply: Hunting & quiver?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.