Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Decrease In Trail Cam Photos?

Old 08-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Decrease In Trail Cam Photos?

1 pic in three weeks [&o]
Old 08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

I would try a different spot or trail. They probly caught onto it and didnt like it for some reason.

rick
Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cameras were in front of mineral spots along what has been a major trail through the property and had been there for a week. Last wednesday, 2 bucks came by and then nothing. The nearest water is still on my place, but the trails are quiet.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol...germ, i hope you knew that i did know you made that up! lol...

just bored here at work on a rainy day tryin to have fun....come on i said the rut is almost over!!! thats usually good to stir up some crys and worries...but no takers...guess i better go over the the PA hunting forum and stir the pot...them guys are EASY to get goin...
Old 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mark, I really couldn't tell you. I just put mine out last Friday, so I have nothing to compare it to. Ionly check mine every 2 weeks anyway.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have noticed an increase in pics. The temp has dropped a little and the deer are moving a bit more. I haven't been able to get anything big since july 14 though. HOPEFULLY ABOUT AUGUST 20 I WILL SHARE THOSE PICS
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Bartender

Yes last year using 4 cams. The in and out of checking these things I feel put the deer on alarm. Its kind of like the first time you use a stand is the best time after
that sightings also go down. This year I put a cam out in June left it for 2 weeks and yanked it. I wont use one now until this fall during the
season for some scouting help.
ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Anyone else seeing a decrease in activity on their trail cams? I checked mine and deer traffic on my property has dropped off to next to nothing. My neighbor, a farmer, told me that the number of deer bedding in his corn fields since the corn has begun to ripen is outrageous. He said he is thinkingof going and getting some nuisance tags to thin them out. I told him if he needs help, I would force myself to make time to help him.

Anyway, anyone else experiencing this?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya us too.. My brothers camera went from about 60 pics a week to about 5 or 10 a week...
Old 08-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

From experience and trail cams, when ever I find deer with the camera, and put bait in front of it, the deer in that spot go nocturnal. Every time.... If your going to bait, I would not do it where your stand is. Find the trails going to the bait and ambush them there. You may catch them before dark!!! I never bait anymore, havent in 4-5 years.

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

For the most part there all in the corn fields and spending the majority of there time there. Another thing too, I don't think these deer care to much for these trail cams either when there sitting on a trail without the use of bait.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing the opposite of many folks here. I had just over 2,800 pix onour newReconyx RC60 last week. Several different bucks, many Does and some really cool lookin' fawn pix.

Quick Reply: Decrease In Trail Cam Photos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.