Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumb Question/Momentum and Broadheads

Old 08-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dumb Question/Momentum and Broadheads

Guys,I am not disputing any of the above,it is all correct but a razor sharp broadhead won't slice HARD bone like it will tissue(a rib it will slice to a certain degree),that was the point I was trying to make and as soon as a razor sharp broadhead hits bone,it is dull.That is all I was illuding to.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

as a razor sharp broadhead hits bone,it is dull.
Have to disagree with you on this to some extent. Last year I had 2 complete passthru's with 100gr Slick Trick Magnums and cut thru ribs on entrance and exit. They were "more dull" than new, but still sharp enough to cut me or deer. So I would have to say they may not handle "all" bone. I do have a better understanding of how momentum comes into play at this point though. I will probably start experimenting with a higher FOC arrow after this season. I see no point in messing with my setup right now. Too close to D-day.

LT
Old 08-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

as a razor sharp broadhead hits bone,it is dull.
Have to disagree with you on this to some extent. Last year I had 2 complete passthru's with 100gr Slick Trick Magnums and cut thru ribs on entrance and exit. They were "more dull" than new, but still sharp enough to cut me or deer. So I would have to say they may not handle "all" bone. I do have a better understanding of how momentum comes into play at this point though. I will probably start experimenting with a higher FOC arrow after this season. I see no point in messing with my setup right now. Too close to D-day.

LT

Read what I have in parenthesis.I am talking heavy bone.

I quess I should have emphasized heavy and hard bone in all my posts.Sorry.[8D]