Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good setup or not

Old 08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default good setup or not

i have quikspin vans a drop away and i mean the good ones a peep semi good arrows a loop a ok sight.
i have always got good groups out of it with field tips. i only shot two broadhead from it at a target got a good group.
couldi get good groups out of it and there still be a setup issue. Something not lined up or off alitte that might cause a issue or make noise. Or is having good groups 99% of the time a sign of a good tuned bow.
i am having only one issue the arrow jump i already talked about.
besides that everything is good so is there no need to worry about it. i get alittle crazy making sure everything is good to go for hunting season

Old 08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: good setup or not

Big Tim, if your putting your broadheads where you want them, just do the same when the deer is standing there.

I'm assuming if your getting good groups with those 2 broadheads that your pretty tight as far as your setup but question, where the broadheads fixed or mechanical?

Getting good groups solely with the field tips isn't necessarily the end result. A badly tuned bow can group field tips.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

i got good groups with the broadhead last year i have yet to do it this year.
but i will
and they are muzzy 100 grain fixed
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Big Tim, if your putting your broadheads where you want them, just do the same when the deer is standing there.

I'm assuming if your getting good groups with those 2 broadheads that your pretty tight as far as your setup but question, where the broadheads fixed or mechanical?

Getting good groups solely with the field tips isn't necessarily the end result. A badly tuned bow can group field tips.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tim, I shoot broadheads only. I don't hunt with field points, so I don't practice with them (just my thinking). If you're sighting in a bow fromscratch I can see using field points.But, I would suggest that with the season closing in on us, that you start shooting broadheads only from here on in. JMHO
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

good advise
ORIGINAL: early in

Tim, I shoot broadheads only. I don't hunt with field points, so I don't practice with them (just my thinking). If you're sighting in a bow fromscratch I can see using field points.But, I would suggest that with the season closing in on us, that you start shooting broadheads only from here on in. JMHO