Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight mounted via an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus

Old 08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight mounted via an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus

That sight is legal in Pa as long as it doesn't cast a beam. I like my HHA single pin, it hits where I aim as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: AimPoint CompC3 Red-Dot Sight mounted via an HHA Optimizer Lite Plus

Legal? Very good then.

Still not for me. I'm glad it exists though for those that want it.

Cool looking set up. I'm glad you like it.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reason(s) to try it?

1. The ability to shoot prescisely in the early morning and late evening during low ambient light times when deer movement peaks - without the handicap of the peep's inability to gather full light.

2. Removal of additional weight from the string.

3. Unlike a peep, it can be set-up without a press or serving material.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Personally I see no reason to try it plus in PA, I don't believe it's a legal sight.
Rob,
What aspect of an AimPoint Red-Dot sight do you feel would make them illegal in PA? This sight doesn't cast any beam onto the target, it only projects a red-dot within the recticle of the sight itself.

Rob
Old 08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool looking set up. Like Rob/PA, it is not anything I would want to shoot, but it is very cool looking. My biggest problem with it is it is not a legal sight for ASA shoots, so it would be completly worthless for me in the off season. I don't know about all the benefits listed either. I have never had a problem seeing a goodfiber optic pin (with the correct peep)in early light (if I did, it was probally not legal shooting time anyways), and there are many adjustable sights on the market for those wanting shoot a single pin. To be honest, I don't think the cost you listedis that extreme either (well maybe for a hunting only sight), I just spend a little over $400 upgrading my new 3D sight. Unlike you, I was not able to justify that to my wife, so that is why I am still sleeping the back yard with the dog. Have fun with your set up, I bet it is fun to shoot.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Jim,
Thanks for the comments- you're right, it's a blast to shoot this bow. Pulling this bow back (at 67 lbs.) compared to drawing back my Outback (also at 67 lbs.), is like night & day. The SBXT just draws so smooth.....
the Outback is a very accurate bow- it's just that you earn every shot!

Rob
Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Spike

old thread, but i am interested in info on this sight...is it a laser or is it just red dot??
does is magnify targets?
Old 03-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

Thats pretty neat.

I have one of these aimpoints on a rifle. I like the idea of eliminating the peep sight, but I'm not crazy about having to adjust my sight to a given yardage as an animal is in range.

Don't some people use single pin setups, and just hold over or under? If I put this on my bow, I might try that route - just set it at 25 yds and hold over or under for 35 and 15 yds.

Thanks for the write up.