Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

VIDEOS

Old 08-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default VIDEOS

After reading the post about IN PURSUIT I have to make some comments. In all videos people take what happens on film and what is said to be true!!! Watch the video and it will give away many things. In regards to the In Pursuit show they were talking about, who knows if the deer stopped and ate from the bale. Watch and they show the buck then it cuts and it shows the buck coming around the bale. They say it didnt stop but who knows?!!! In another the other day on summits show a guy is rattling and points like here he comes then when the camera is back to film the shot, the buck is coming from the complete other direction. On one of the best I can remember David Hale shots a nice buck from around a scrape and he tells how he freshens up the scrape to bring the deer in. They show him freshening up the scrape like it was done before the shot, only he has a big blood spot on his knee from where he was already admiring his deer!!! There are to many to list here, but remember they will tell you what they want but alot of times if you watch you can tell it really isnt happening like they say. Alot of times when they rattle look at the deer and you can almost guarentee they werent coming to rattling. Every deer I have rattled in, dontcome in smelling the trail, they come in looking for the bucks. Alot lately rattle,point, and then the deer comes walking through with there head down smelling the trail. I like watching videos and hunting shows and I just laugh at some of the stuff they try to pull and wonder how many other people catch the little things that give them away!!! Sorry just my opionion, Doug
Old 08-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VIDEOS

Doug, you make some really good points and it is very true. As I said before, I spent about 3 years as a camera guy for a hunter (I will not say which company he was signed with at the time or his name). I remember one buck we took on camera that made a show. He was the only deer we seen that day on stand, a great buck, but still the only deer we even seen that morning. The buck came in on us fast and we did not have a bunch of footage, but did get some tape of him coming in, as well as good tape of the shot. When the footage aired on TV, they had done some editing to the footage which included other deer we had gotten footage of before this hunt and included as it was all the same hunt. The funny thing was, most of the footage they added to this hunt was filmed in a completly different State than the were the buck was taken. You just have to remember that these shows are for entertainment, nothing else.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Doug, you make some really good points and it is very true. As I said before, I spent about 3 years as a camera guy for a hunter (I will not say which company he was signed with at the time or his name). I remember one buck we took on camera that made a show. He was the only deer we seen that day on stand, a great buck, but still the only deer we even seen that morning. The buck came in on us fast and we did not have a bunch of footage, but did get some tape of him coming in, as well as good tape of the shot. When the footage aired on TV, they had done some editing to the footage which included other deer we had gotten footage of before this hunt and included as it was all the same hunt. The funny thing was, most of the footage they added to this hunt was filmed in a completly different State than the were the buck was taken. You just have to remember that these shows are for entertainment, nothing else.
Well put kickin. I film also, and rarely do the deer read the script. When a giant comes in a first light, you shoot it, end of story. Film the other stuff afterwards, like panoramas and other deer, and cut-aways. There are very few people that can actually make a living at huntin and those kills are important. Without them, you got nothing.

Don't forget about the entertainment part either...
Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 AM

Hunting shows = fail