Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will it end? scent lock vest?

Old 08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: When will it end? scent lock vest?

Making fun of a spelling error, how very little girlish of you. I have big fingers.

You actually talked with these scientists, or read a study on the internet?

Where did you find that study on the scent lok website?

It came right out and said you can reactivate carbon in a dryer?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Charlie I'm just joking. Like I've said....I'm not 100% sold on the products, either. But I got them at a great price....and I can't for the LIFE of me figure out how they HURT my chances.

If they help 1% (or more)....then they (and their care) are worth it to me.

I just laugh at why it could be of so much importance to those who don't, never have nor never will use them.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh I was joking too.

I just laugh at why it could be of so much importance to those who don't, never have nor never will use them.

I don't fall into that group used it and won't again.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

thanks you i have talked to alot of people who say there junk but know nothing about them. the idea is solid and they have used carbon is air fresheners and water filters for years.
ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

It's designed for layering. As in under or over your existing scent-lok clothes for added warmth. It's implied.

It's funny to me that the only guys who ever rip on scent-lok and other types of scent containing clothes are the same guys who have NO clue how to use it at all or understand, through information, how to use it at all.

And the other guys who rip on scent containing clothes just do it cause there buddy told them too.

It's extremely entertaining. Thanks for the laughs.
Air fresheners and water filters get disposed of when at capacity, not "reactivated"! I didn't see the other post about them being disposible.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

One other thing, the three chemistry professors here at the university where I work also say the carbon cannot be reactivated by following the manufacturers use and care instructions. Jeff, I don't for a minute think they will hurt your chances. I just don't think they will help one iota.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I think some may have a problem with a company producinga product if theyare mismarketing it. Someone would not have to actually own it, use it, or be a part of it to feel that way towards the product they produce. - Just a different angle, I guess.

I have a piece off their equipment because of the functionality of the piece, not becuase of the scent free claims.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a piece off their equipment because of the functionality of the piece, not becuase of the scent free claims.
Which is why I use them, Bob. If they DO help, though.........

$169 pants that I paid $89 for. $149 jacket that I paid less than $100 for. I needed camo.

If they help.....they help. If they don't.....it's STILL good camo.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Which is why I use them, Bob. If they DO help, though.........

$169 pants that I paid $89 for. $149 jacket that I paid less than $100 for. I needed camo.

If they help.....they help. If they don't.....it's STILL good camo.
Agreed.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

One other thing, the three chemistry professors here at the university where I work also say the carbon cannot be reactivated by following the manufacturers use and care instructions. Jeff, I don't for a minute think they will hurt your chances. I just don't think they will help one iota.
As I've said before, I believe the people at scent-lok used the wrong terminology. No, you can't re-activate carbon in the dryer, but you can drive off enough of the scent molecules being ADSORBED to the surface by heating them in the dryer, rendering the garment useful again.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

but you can drive off enough of the scent molecules being ADSORBED to the surface by heating them in the dryer, rendering the garment useful again.
How do you know that to be true?

Quick Reply: When will it end? scent lock vest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.