Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will it end? scent lock vest?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: When will it end? scent lock vest?

So we're down to $$. (which is a HUGE issue in a lot of these discussions)

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

For what its worth, and I started this thing, I own Scent-Loc savannah coveralls. They were a gift and I use them. They are not really a part of my scent control regimen though. I just don't believe the carbon can be "reactivated" at household drier temps. Something about science.I do believe it is a well made garment and use it for that reason. But a vest used in layering with other carbon impregnated clothes? Why? Don't you believe the stuff you already have on will work? Or is more better? I'll go with the $30 savings and buy non carbon if and when I need a vest.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

So we're down to $$. (which is a HUGE issue in a lot of these discussions)

Thanks.
it's only down to money because there is not adifferent benefit to the vest with scent-lok than the one without ... would you pay $50.00 for 3 rage BH's if you could get them for $30.00????????
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't think you're listening to what I'm saying Greg.....

Given the choice of a non scent lok or a scent lok garment ....IF you believe in the technology......

WHY would you CHOOSE the non scent lok? Where's the harm? Leave the $$ out of it.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

It's funny to me that the only guys who ever rip on scent-lok and other types of scent containing clothes are the same guys who have NO clue how to use it at all or understand, through information, how to use it at all.

And the other guys who rip on scent containing clothes just do it cause there buddy told them too.
Don't throw all of us "closed minded and ignorant people" into just two categories.

The ones you guys tend to ignore and pretend don't exist are the ones, who like myself have tried the stuff with an open mind and used it properly from head to toe but after repeated observations found out it had no real consequence to being "winded" or not.

Sure, I have had days all decked out in carbon clothing and had a deer get downwind and still not detect me. I've also had them wind me from well over a 100 yards out. Guess I didn't understand how to use it on some days but did on others.

I have just as many successes with going undetected with deer downwind by doing nothing but climbing up in a tree with whatever I had on and the bath that I took 6-8 hours before.

When you are 15-25ft in the air and wind currents aren't always what they seem, and you are dealing with different "experience level" deer inthe way of age structure, is it not plausible that someone wearing a scent lok or similar regiment and all sprayed down to boot, just might get a "false positive" that he wrongly attributes to his "scent control meaures"?

But wait,itsbased on science. I know you guys bring that up frequently.
"Science" is a very broad and overused term when substantiating the "supposed" effectiveness of products. From the "Grapefruit Diet" to copper wrist bands to about every product soldon late night television commercials.They are all backed by "Science" as well.

But just as it has been proven scientificallythata Placebo iseffective with some patients, go buy the vest,..... it might just give you the edge you looking for.

But my "buddy" , well he just don't think so.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Tony.....I'm at a loss.

If a garment "protected" you 1% "more" (than a similar garment without the technology) and you had no issues with paying $30 for that 1%......(remember the "Why do you buy a new bow every year" thread).....

Where's the "issue"?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't think you're listening to what I'm saying Greg.....

Given the choice of a non scent lok or a scent lok garment ....IF you believe in the technology......

WHY would you CHOOSE the non scent lok? Where's the harm? Leave the $$ out of it.
[/quote

see post #23
Old 08-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Tony.....I'm at a loss.

If a garment "protected" you 1% "more" (than a similar garment without the technology) and you had no issues with paying $30 for that 1%......(remember the "Why do you buy a new bow every year" thread).....

Where's the "issue"?
I would have no issue ... I wouldn't waste my money .... go on with it if you would pay $30.00 more for 1% more "protection"
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys kill me.....lol.

You're making the assumption that people like Duke take chances with their scent control regimen based on what they choose to wear to field.

Knowing Duke....that's a HUGE false assumption. (HUGE)

He's doing everything you're doing (likely MORE) and this is just "a" piece of the regimen.

He's not "forgetting the wind" and "just hunting"......and most people I know who use this stuff.....aren't. either.

Tony the 1% was a random number. I don't know what that $30 buys me. But if I'm willing to pay that for (______%).....where's the issue?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Bartender

Can you guys please carry this over to the other site it is a bit slow over there you know.[8D]

Quick Reply: When will it end? scent lock vest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.