Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will it end? scent lock vest?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When will it end? scent lock vest?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It won't only be the guy using it that will have to prove it's working.
Can I get a translator on aisle 5?

Here's why I say it's about the money.

Man goes hunting in full SL regalia. He gets busted. The suit is BUNK.
Man goes hunting in non SL regalia. HeSTILL gets busted (why WOULDN'T he?).

He spent $400 on the SL suit.
He spent $200 on the non SL suit.

In his mind....he wasted $200.

Now tell me what it's really about.

He should have been hunting naked down wind .

Then he would havefour hundred and one bucks.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can I get a translator on aisle 5?
Sure,

Consumers are Federally Protected from deceptive advertising. I believe the company will soon have to prove that the advertisements used in selling their products are true and do what the company claims they do.You stated the guys who use the products are the one's who seem to have to prove they work. Istated that the company will also have to prove that the products work as advertised.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just posted that to get this stupid thread locked like the last two I posted, by the stealthy yet unknow moderator.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: annika3

We can sum this up very easy.

If you don't believe in Scent LokDON'T BUY IT.

BUT to those people, where do you come up with your reasoning. Are you all carbon experts? To come on here and say its junk or its stupid to use it is meaningless, keep it to yourself.

I know 3 things about SL:

1. I know it can't hurt.
2. It's excellent camo
3. Whatever % it does help is better than 0%.

I own roughly 10 different SL suites based off of temp. and where I'm hunting. I shower every time I hunt, spray down and all clothing stay in Scent Lock bags and don't get put on until I get to where I'm hunting. BUT I ALWAYS PLAY THE WIND.
How do you know who's used it and who hasn't? I've used it and used it correctly. I went over board with everything with the suits, sprays, etc. One year out west elk hunting I got winded every time I was around elk. That was enough for me to call it quits with it, I saved a bunch of money not buying it anymore. Big deal if some people don't like it. My brother swears by the stuff, I don't and we get along just fine. No arguing between us. He don't get defensive and make snide remarks that your nuts for not doing everything possible to control your scent. Thats what ticks people off who don't use it when people say that.
First of all what did I say that was so wrong? AllI said was if you don't like it or believe it, don't buy it. But for some to continue to come on here and say it doesn't work or is junk is just plain ignorant if you are not a carbon expert and know, for fact, the science behind carbon, and the carbon that Scent Lok uses.

Does it cover 100% of your scent? No. But I sure as heck know that wearing it doesn't hurt me and I do believe to some degree it may help me in a crucial situation.

Second, were you running and gunning for the elk? If you were it is almost impossible not to sweat and elk almost always go into the wind and scent lok isn't going to stop all the smell from the sweat.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Consumers are Federally Protected from deceptive advertising. I believe the company will soon have to prove that the advertisements used in selling their products are true and do what the company claims they do.You stated the guys who use the products are the one's who seem to have to prove they work. Istated that the company will also have to prove that the products work as advertised.
Fine. File suit!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now tell me what it's really about.
Yes and no. I have used Scent lok (correctly) and I think the product works. I just thinks it works for a limited period of time. However, I still think it's has some scent control value after the carbon is full. So at the very least it's not hurting your chances any. For me personally, I have the camo that I want and need so I am not going to buy more just to say I have Scent Lok. If I came across some at a good deal I would purchase it for the fact that it's a good garmet. I personally feel like it's impossible to beat a deer's nose and the limited amount of benefit (1% or whatevery # you want to use) is negligible because I believe it's not going to make the difference in whether a deer smells you or not. As the saying goes work smarter not harder. It also applies to hunting. There is no substitution for hard work and hours in the stand but you take a guy that works his butt off and spends as much time in the stand as a guy that spends an equal amount of time and has a better understanding of deer of better knack for patterning them etc. and he is going to out hunt the guy that works his butt off and flosses with activated carbon etc. etc. I don't knock anyone for using if you feel like it gives you and advantage.For me, I don't feel like it is going to or has in the past, influenced the success of my hunts. Therefore, I am not going to (here you go GMMAT[8D]) spend the money for something that I don't think will benefit me or give me more confidence. I will take that money and lease ground in the midwest instead. Yes I could afford to do both but I could also afford a new tractor or a new ranger boat but I wouldn't use either one of them enough to justify buying one. Give me two garments of identical price and I like the scent lok garmet better, then you bet I will buy it. I am just not going to spend more money or phase out my old camo for something I don't believe gives me the statistical advantage that say a week in Illinois would, or any measureable advantage at all for that matter. If you use scent lok then that's great! If you don't use scent lok then that's great too!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Fine. File suit!

I have no intention of filing suit since I have nothing for or against the company. Could you let me know where that was ever implied? Others have already done so however.

Personally, I do condemn false advertising in general as I hope you also do.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Personally, I do condemn false advertising in general as I hope you also do.
Yeah but see I'm not anal about it.

When I see the Chevy commercials that tout that they're "Like a Rock"....I use a little common sense and figure they're not made of shale or granite.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I see the Chevy commercials that tout that they're "Like a Rock"....I use a little common sense and figure they're not made of shale or granite.
As do I......as well as others.......

Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

There not!

Son of a ....[&:]

So I really shouldn't just "Forget the wind and hunt".

Now you tell me.

Does this mean that Geico really isn't so easy a caveman could do it?

What the....

Quick Reply: When will it end? scent lock vest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.