Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will it end? scent lock vest?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When will it end? scent lock vest?

LOL...yea one couldnt simply post how they think a product that is supposed to work as a suit to trap in odor, would be of any benefit as a VEST. No one posted a thread about how the science of SL is bunk, or how everyone using SL is an idiot. He posted on how he found it comical that a suit meant to trap odor would be made into a Vest. laughable as you and Jeff put it.

Wearing a SL vest is like wearing sunglasses without lenses....wiping before you poop......making a mower without blades....it doesnt make sense...at all.

People who use SL say others are idiotic and naive for not believing in it publicly. I see the other side where those who have bought into it are on the major defensive...they feel they have to prove they arent naive or stupid to the rest of the people on here...again, "laughable".
Huh?

I'm not sure what any of this means or has to do with my quote.

But you've spoken like a true #2. Congrats!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Jeff on this one. My brother and I have this debate all of the time. I personally don't beleive that Scent Lok works as advertised but he wears it and beleives in it so who am I to tell him that he's wrong. It's the same as any other arguement about what the best product on the market.If you beleive in something no one is going to be able to change your mind and if you don't beleive in something nobody's going to change your mind.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's how it's supposed to go, Duke:

#2 says......- Scent lok is snake oil....and all those who use it are dumbasses for buying into the bunk technology. They're wasting their money and giving themselves false hopes of taking deer.

SL user - OK! (sorry guys,....gotta go dust off my mounts)

Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Let me ask you a question, PT....

If you're of the mindset that SL products work.....and one suit is good......

Wouldn't two suits (one over the other) be "better"? You have to know (no matter which "side" you're on) that "some" scent escapes through the garments.

So answer that for me....and you'll answer why it "might" be helpful.
Your body releases most of it's odor from the hot spots on your body .....a vest covers NONE of said hot spots .....
Heat rises, it comes out of the neck area. To do it right you should wear a head and neck garment too.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Here's how it's supposed to go, Duke:

#2 says......- Scent lok is snake oil....and all those who use it are dumbasses for buying into the bunk technology. They're wasting their money and giving themselves false hopes of taking deer.

SL user - OK! (sorry guys,....gotta go dust off my mounts)

I think it was you earlier who posted to compare harvest photos...well I just got off the phone with GregH....hes been dusting for a week straight now.[8D]

Duke I dont know what to tell ya then man, I never said I didnt believe that it works (I dont), I never said it wasnt good clothing if nothing else ( it certainly is, if I found a good deal on sale items...id own it too), Im only saying that to use technology that traps in odor as a VEST, is...well..."laughable".

SL is meant to trap in odor as a suit. A vest simply cant accomplish this, it also doesnt cover any of the areas that produce most of our body scent. Similar to wearing polarized glasses to block UV rays, without the lenses...just how many rays are ya blocking?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

What kills me is thats it's always somehow up to the guy who's using this stuff....and who's successful.....to be the one to prove it IS working.

Hell look at the antlers in the man's hands....lol.

Something's working!

Now prove it ISN'T![8D]
Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM

What kills me is thats it's always somehow up to the guy who's using this stuff....and who's successful.....to be the one to prove it IS working.

Hell look at the antlers in the man's hands....lol.

Something's working!

Now prove it ISN'T![8D]
must have missed that post, will you quote the post where someone asked you to prove that reactivated carbon works in hunting clothes?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

My pits smell like fresh earth so I guess I will go get one!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duke I dont know what to tell ya then man, I never said I didnt believe that it works (I dont), I never said it wasnt good clothing if nothing else ( it certainly is, if I found a good deal on sale items...id own it too), Im only saying that to use technology that traps in odor as a VEST, is...well..."laughable".
Ah.. I gotcha.

That's why if you read my post I answer the Q that was originally asked.

But for common sense reason did it really have to be asked?

Probably not. It was an attempt to call out the SL users.. that was it's intentions.

I'm a human too.. I have ego and pride. I know what things mean. I answered.

It's implied if you use the SL product you would want the SL vest for added warmth or what not. But surely it didn't need an open forum discussion.. unless it had other intentions.

And I hate the hidden agenda.

If you don't use it.. who cares. If you do.. great for you.

Let's talk about hunting.. bowhunting.. whitetail deer. Not what you use sucks and what I use rules.

C'mon..season is about to start. Let's finally get some good discussion brewing.

Word.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Let's talk about hunting.. bowhunting.. whitetail deer. Not what you use sucks and what I use rules.

C'mon..season is about to start. Let's finally get some good discussion brewing.

Word.
What is hunting? I thought we were just a bunch of guys who talked about it online...you mean to tell me you can really go hunting?[8D]

I'd like some hunting topics to come up too, thats when I take a backseat and listen. I love the 20 page posts where people debate and discuss different strategies.
Start one up!

Quick Reply: When will it end? scent lock vest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.