Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Love my new HSS Vest

Old 08-08-2008, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Love my new HSS Vest

I got the Hunter's Safety System Pro Series over the weekend for my birthday and tried it out last night. It's sweet and I love it. Takes about 10 second to put on and also is very comfortable. I also got the lineman's belt strap too to use it to put up stands. I will feel much safer in my tree this year.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:09 AM

Default RE: Love my new HSS Vest

Thanks for the review. I just picked one up also. Haven't even had a chance to try it on yet. Still need to get the linemans belt.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Belushi

Thanks for the review. I just picked one up also. Haven't even had a chance to try it on yet. Still need to get the linemans belt.
No problem!!!

Also, I have like 4 or 5 safety belts that came with my treestands in the past couple of years I do not use. If anyone wants them let me know and all you have to do is pay me for shipping.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I have one also and love it. However I dont wear mine in warm weather cause it gets pretty warm. I figured with the mesh it wouldnt, but in cool weather it is awesome...
Old 08-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: killadoe

I have one also and love it. However I dont wear mine in warm weather cause it gets pretty warm. I figured with the mesh it wouldnt, but in cool weather it is awesome...
Seriously! You don't wear it in warm weather cause it gets pretty warm?? So your life is of value only when it gets cooler outside??

Not to offend you my friend, but that's a pretty lame comment! Surely you still use some type of restraint system. If not, I can see it now.......

Hunter paralyzed today!

A young hunter was paralyzed this evening after apparently falling from a tree stand while deer hunting. After he did not arrive home for dinner, his fiancee, who is expecting twins, sent out a small search party to see if they could locate himat his favorite hunting place.

At approximately 9:45 PM, one of the hunters friends located Mr. Killadoe lying in a pileon the ground beneath his tree stand. At about 10:45local time, the local EMS units finally made it on the scene and packagedhim up for transport by Staff for Lifehelicopter.

The saddest thing about this whole story is that Mr. Killadoe's fiancee stated that he had a Hunters Safety System vest but had chosen not to wear it due to the warm weather.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't wear my HSS Pro mesh in the early season for the same reason.

I wear my strap-type.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I justpurchased the tree stalker model. Before this I never used anything, now that I'm getting older, I can see the importance of a safety harness.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does it come with scent-lok?
Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Does it come with scent-lok?
No. That layer goes OVER THIS vest.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do think that I will have to break down and buy one this year. I have been just using what comes with the hang ons that I buy.

Quick Reply: Love my new HSS Vest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.