Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bedding area.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bedding area.

I pretty much know the bedding areas of my property. To guess that there is something bedded at the same bed everyday, is a bad guess. Deer travel for many reasons. Deer bed in between travels for food, water, or searching for either. Deer will bed down in 3 feet of grass, and deer will bed dow on a slab of dirt.

Just depends on where they are at the particular area is where they want to bed. I only know of two "Beds" that get used regularly, and Im never spooking anythin out of it, either by morning scouts, or evening scoutsbut Im sure the deer are not doing the same pattern right now that they will fall into when food says at the place they got it. the ag fields have been sesoned twice for alfalfa, and the beans area about to be harvested, and the corn has already been harvested in some fields. Alot of it is drought, or how early they planted, but come fall when they get the radar for acron beds, persimmon trees, and fall foliage, it will all change up. At least where I hunt.