Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Uh oh shultzy`s here (accidently quoted myself that time) Come on man missing from 5 yards?
Smart ass!![8D] I haven't done it but I know plenty of people who've missed at 7 to 8 yards being they were shaking like a leaf.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Yeesh,thats pretty bad,I missed a nice buck with a 12 guage smoothe borefrom 100 yards 6 shots in a row[:'(]
now I just bowhunt.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

Just because you have sites on your bow doesn't mean you are going to shoot a perfect shot all the time. Too many factors come into play when shooting at a live target. You could shoot the best arrow of your life. But that doesn't mean you will makea good hit.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeesh,thats pretty bad,I missed a nice buck with a 12 guage smoothe borefrom 100 yards 6 shots in a row[:'(]
So let me get this straight......

These cagey fair chase, reclusive, mammoth, patriarchs of the forestbucks are SO cagey......that he let you get off SIX shots at him with a 12GA shotgun......but killing one in a high fence is "slaughter"?

I tell ya guys.......I need to hunt where you guys do....

(just kidding)

I'd love to hear the full dissertation on that hunt, though........as told by James Gregory.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I saw him shoot his guitar and make it explode from across the stage in one of his concerts[:-]! Poor shot, i dont think so. If he can hit deer without sights, I would say he is a pretty good shot, even if he does miss sometimes.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

......but killing one in a high fence is "slaughter

congratulations!!!

You didn't use the word "hunting" that time

Give that man a cigar....or in this case, cigarrette (virginia slim)
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i see nothing wrong with him useing no sights. people miss
Exactly! In another 2 months you'll be reading alot of posts about "sticking a deer" and missing shots--it happens
Old 08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

i guess in a sense practicing alot with sights is foolish because we just miss anyways,it happens right?
Lets just say"theoreticly" Ted had sights and practiced alot with them from 75-100 yards,would he miss a 5yard shot because "it happens?"
Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

some people start with a rifle go to a bow go back to a rifle. some use both like me. no one ever said everyone has to do the same thing every time seems like you might be alittle jealous can you shoot no sights. [quote]ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

Wow I`m suprised he would go back to no sights after using them.[quote]ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

i have saw him use sights not to often though
ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
i saw the guy shoot a deer at 80 yards walking down a trail with no sights. to me that is a great shooter.
I`m sure he practices from these distances but I would put my groups against his from 80-100 anyday,I think if he used sights he would never go back.
If he saw the buck of a lifetime at 93 yards he may miss-I would bbq backstraps that night.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

i missed a 9 point last year i was shaking more thne the drier and he was 10 yards out in a open area
ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Uh oh shultzy`s here (accidently quoted myself that time) Come on man missing from 5 yards?
Smart ass!![8D] I haven't done it but I know plenty of people who've missed at 7 to 8 yards being they were shaking like a leaf.

Quick Reply: whatcha think about Ted Nugents shooting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.