Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow jumps when shooting

Old 08-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow jumps when shooting

I also agree that it sounds like nock pinch/I also agree with Rob.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:33 PM

When you draw your nock is being pinched and that is what is causeing the jump during the draw. The only time I see this problem is with Beginning Traditional archers twisting the string and bad form.So being that your not shooting traditional, the Nock is too tight causing the arrow to jump off the rest. It's Deffinatly not your drop away rest. The whisker biscuit will help with one problem but not another. Your probably not shooting as accuratly as you could be shooting because on release your arrow will still be pinched at one point or another. My suggestion is to invest in a loop or nocking device and have it installed at the proshop where you pick it up. Hope this helps out.

Here is a link to show you what I mean.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat600339&navAction=jump&na vCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat21424&parentType= category&parentId=cat21424
Old 08-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I stop at page one so if it's been answered...

The nock is beingpinchedand needs fixed. Or you could continue to shoot a poorly setup bow and do as the some others have said and put a biscut on.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

get a wisker bisket
Old 08-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

kinda what i through rob. i want a clean correct draw not a coverup i am not the cia. lol get it clean correct do not want a coverup.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: JPMHUNTER

Lose the drop away and get yourself a whicker biscuit.
BS, masking a drawing issue.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have a loop. have had one since i bought the bow. going to the pro shop where i bought the bow is not much of an option since there 500 miles away.
ORIGINAL: Bulloch14

When you draw your nock is being pinched and that is what is causeing the jump during the draw. The only time I see this problem is with Beginning Traditional archers twisting the string and bad form.So being that your not shooting traditional, the Nock is too tight causing the arrow to jump off the rest. It's Deffinatly not your drop away rest. The whisker biscuit will help with one problem but not another. Your probably not shooting as accuratly as you could be shooting because on release your arrow will still be pinched at one point or another. My suggestion is to invest in a loop or nocking device and have it installed at the proshop where you pick it up. Hope this helps out.

Here is a link to show you what I mean.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat600339&navAction=jump&na vCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat21424&parentType= category&parentId=cat21424
Old 08-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

guys does this mean i need a new string new loop new nocks. what do i need to solve the issue and not cover it up
Old 08-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why the heck did you wait till now to fix the problem? Shame on you Tim.[>:] I'm guessing your awfully jerky when drawing your bow back (drawing to many pounds) or like a few others have said nock pinch.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jkcmerg

ORIGINAL: StraightArrowNY

I see you're a life member so you know what your doing, so I don't want to insult you, .

So if your not a life member..insults are o.k.?? Some of us know what we are doing, but do not post 4000 times.
That's not what I meant. The fact that he's a life member tells me that he's been around for a while and would have thought of this before. I didn't want to insult his intelligence.

Relax tough guy.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

guys does this mean i need a new string new loop new nocks. what do i need to solve the issue and not cover it up
It's one of two things:

1) Your nock set is defined by two areas of serving material on your string (My preferred method). If this is the case....you're going to need to carefully remove some of the serving material to allow your nocks to "float" freely between your two nocking points (servings).

or

2) Your nock set is defined by your D-loop spacing (top to bottom). If this is the case.....the simplest thing to do would be to remove it and tie on a new one. You can do this yourself, if you have the inclination and the know-how, or have someone do it at a shop. What "I" would do is have them serve a small nock set above and below your nocking point that wouldn't allow your D-loop to slide on your string and "pinch" your nock.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: arrow jumps when shooting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.