Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

its a toss-up

Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: its a toss-up

Am I in the twilight zone?
Am I the only one who finds it a bit (ok, ALOT) crazy that his Dad randomly gives his bows away to strangers??!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Oneida! There is no substitute!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

good advise i made the mistake when i started looking for a muzzle loader.
I was set on a Tc. i looked at the encore. to much money and no need to swap barrels.
Then i looked at the omega nothing wrong there. then i looked at the triumph. i loved it great gun.
I end up figuring i will get the triumph. but after spending two months thinking about TC and the triumph. i made the decision to look at cva traditions. and night. i came to the triumph.
And now i am comfortable buying the triumph.
ORIGINAL: mofireman

This could become a long thread! What you need to do is just go to at least two or three different pro shops in your area, and shoot a few different bows at each shop. I did this when I bought a new bow a couple of years ago, and it's definitely the right thing to do. Shoot different brands....Matthews, Hoyt, Bear (don't laugh), Martin, PSE etc.

There are a lot of good bows on the market right now from each of these brands. Shoot several and see which one fits your grip best. See which one seems to be the quietest. See which one has the best balance in your hand. If you hunt treestands a lot, consider a shorter axle to axle bow. Also look at the accessories that go with each bow...sometimes these can help you make your mind up on which one to ultimately go with.

I hate seeing young hunters get focused on only two different bows when they are fixing to make an investment that could be with them for a number of years. Both of those brands are great, but think outside the box. Even if, after shooting a number of different bows you still decide to go with one of the two that you mentioned, you will still be happier that you shot a number of different bows before deciding. I settled on a Hoyt, and love it!!

My thoughts!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i do not understand why people worry about something holding value. to me when you do that you know you well be selling it and buying another soon. everything looses value some more then others. but buy what you want not what will sell for more later.
ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

I really would shoot and consider the X-Force ( PSE ). Their only problem is they don't hold value like a Mathews or Bowtech... Out of the Hoyt or Mathews , I would say DXT... They are sweet.

MET
Old 08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't even comprehend my Dad (or anyone) just randomly giving away my bow. [&:]
Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I can't even comprehend my Dad (or anyone) just randomly giving away my bow. [&:]
I no, if sumbody gave away my bow that I put money into, Disowned.

Even if it was fora day, just showsa total lack of respect and care.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

no i thought the same thing. dad would be buying me a new bow.
Heck i was working on a house with my dad he hired a guy who i told him was a theft.
The guy stole 10 buck from me not the money but the fact of it.
I told dad he told me to not worry about it and we would not have the guy back.
My answer was how about i go pistol wipe the guy with the butt of my Mossberg and take my 10 bucks back.
Dad gave me the 10 buck he mistake not mine to let the guy work.
The guy has never been back.
I saw him a week later and informed him how someone tried to break in my garage and if i caught someone stealing from me i would shoot them dead.
He has not even called or came by since.

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Am I in the twilight zone?
Am I the only one who finds it a bit (ok, ALOT) crazy that his Dad randomly gives his bows away to strangers??!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

lol that customer gives my dad about 2 million dollars worth of business every year so he pays for my hunting ground, and all my gear....................plus i told my dad i wanted a new bow, im not mad at him at all,he is paying for everything, the bow, the sight, the quiver and all that other crap
Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

i do not understand why people worry about something holding value. to me when you do that you know you well be selling it and buying another soon. everything looses value some more then others. but buy what you want not what will sell for more later.
Ever bought a house?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

see thats what i thought i figure he gave it away to do you a favor.
or atleast thats what he figured might tell him to do it by july or after jan
ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

lol that customer gives my dad about 2 million dollars worth of business every year so he pays for my hunting ground, and all my gear....................plus i told my dad i wanted a new bow, im not mad at him at all,he is paying for everything, the bow, the sight, the quiver and all that other crap

Quick Reply: its a toss-up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.