Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why the need for new bows?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 AM

Default RE: Why the need for new bows?

I will say it has alot to do with us Boys and our Toys. Who doesn't want to own new things or more things. It is human nature. How many of you own more than one handgun or more than one rifle? Do you need more than one? Probably not, but you sure as heck ain't going to complain about owning more than one.

BJ
Old 08-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

i do not see the cool factor or wanting to out do the other guys as a bad thing either. i am getting a muzzleloaler.
I could buy a cva for 200 bucks a 50 dollar scope. but no i am buying a tc triumph and a omega bdc scope all togather about 700 bucks not including everything to shoot it.
sure the cva would work just find but i want the triumph.
When someone sees me i want them to think now he is dedicated and that is a nice gun
Old 08-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Bartender

I know who I am buying my next bow from!
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Some of ya's shouldn't try to speak for others. If you don't do it, don't hate on those that do.

Me, when I shot for Hoyt, it was to rep the next years model bows, when I "retired" that time to build my house I kept my last for 5 years, bought a Bowtech cause it was time for a new one, I wanted a new one, I didn't need a new one, I wasn't trying to keep up with the Jone's, I didn't think it was cool. I wanted to, nothing more.

Today, I'm asked to test and report on the new model of Bowtechs that come out each year. I'm fortunate. Again, it's still a not need to, not to keep up with anyone else, I want to do it.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

I for one am not looking forward to replacing my 2005 bowtech old glory,then I`ll have to switch all the gear,sight it in and get used to it.
If youre shooting tight groups and your bow is fast enough theres no point in retiring an old friend for something you may not even like as much.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because I can,nothing like wearing 14.00 jeans,8.00 T-shirtand 12.00 tennis shoes but sportin a 1000.00 bow setup .
Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

What if we(who get new bows every year) said.........

"I can't understand the reason why people can't get off their asses and spring for a new bow every year......when it's clear they probably STILL spend way too much on taxidermy bills, drinking, strip clubsand out of state licenses."

Would THAT be fair? Honestly....who cares?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont and I cant wait for the 09 lineup to be out in the sport shops.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What if we(who get new bows every year) said.........

"I can't understand the reason why people can't get off their asses and spring for a new bow every year......when it's clear they probably STILL spend way too much on taxidermy bills, drinking, strip clubsand out of state licenses."

Would THAT be fair? Honestly....who cares?
HERE! HERE! I'll drink to that!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:04 AM

The whole purpose of this post was to see the main reason you replace your bows and how often. I dont care how much you spend on anything becuase I know your still not going to shoot as good as me.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol now thats how a hunter does it.
ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Because I can,nothing like wearing 14.00 jeans,8.00 T-shirtand 12.00 tennis shoes but sportin a 1000.00 bow setup .

Quick Reply: Why the need for new bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.