Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why the need for new bows?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why the need for new bows?

I want to know why people are constantly wondering and caring how people spend their hard earned money

If a man has the funds to get a new bow every year, we should say GOOD for him, not WHY do you NEED THAT.

It's not anyone elses buisness WHY someone buys ANYTHING.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand ya Rob.

I could care less too on what someone wants to do with there money but why its a competition thing with some people is beyond me.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:41 AM

20 different bows in 13 years. Most of the time I wanted a faster bow; not always, sometimes I bow bows that would be slower than the bow I had.Not to keep up with anyone, I shoot by myself.
I did keep one bow for 3 years, Mathews LX x2, another bow Mathews Black Max lasted about 1 week, Switchback a couple of months, Switchback XT about 6 months,Allegiance x2 4 months, Vulcan x2 about 4 months, Katera XL x2 about 4 months.
The X Force I'm shooting now has the qualities of a keeper. It's faster than anything I've ever owned, I shoot it better than anything I've ever owned, it tuned on center (very important, some bows had to have the rest set out to the left of center and I did not like that) and the grip is easy for me to repeat.
I like pulling 60# and having the power of a typical 70# bow.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I want to know why people are constantly wondering and caring how people spend their hard earned money
The "why" someone else does it is insignificant (or, should be) to everyone who isn't that person.

"Because I can" and "Because I want to" are perfectly legitimate answers.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:20 AM

My question is.......Why does it matter?? If I buy a new bow every year, tell me HOW that has any affect on the person that doesn't. Typically, I find the ones that gripe about it are the jealous ones, the person that wants a new bow but for whateverreason can't get one. "Why can so and so buy a new bow each and every year, and I can't afford to trade up my 8 year old bow?" Something to that effect. BELIEVE ME I sympathize with that. If it weren't for the fact that I work in a pro shop, there's absolutely NO WAY I could get a new bow every year. It would be more like every 5 or6 years. But I get tired of having to defend myself. I geta new bow every year. So? What's it to ya? In fact, it's actually HELPING someone next year. Somebody is going to get a 1 year old bow, that been takenextremely good care of, for a hell of a price.

disclaimer; the use of "you" or any word meaning "you" is generic, and not directed toward any person in particular.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

If you have killed deer with a bow why do people seem to want a new bow? Im pretty sure all bows will shoot groups now days, How long will your current bow last you? I didnt see much difference in $300 bows to $700 bows. I mean is it just for that extra FPS?
That all sounds pretty boring to me. Part of the excitement every year for me is seeing what the latest and greatest gear and gadgets are. I honestly don't even ever want to shoot the same rig for years.... what's the fun in that??? [&:]
Old 08-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Every 10 years for me, gonna go every 5 or so we'll see what come out in the next few years.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i got mine aboutthree years this xmas i was shooting targets alot when i got it i did not hunt my second year so i only shot it twice.
Last year i hunted with it all year.
With only one year of hunting on it and some target shooting
i thought this bow is getting old i need a new one maybe a Hoyt or a switchback.
Then i thought why would i drop 700 bucks when there is nothing wrong with the bow.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

i can feel that one i wanted a shotgun last winter for deer hunting got one last then a week later i wanted a muzzleloader.
i though that money for the shotgun would have been well spent on the ml.
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Some of ya's shouldn't try to speak for others. If you don't do it, don't hate on those that do.

Me, when I shot for Hoyt, it was to rep the next years model bows, when I "retired" that time to build my house I kept my last for 5 years, bought a Bowtech cause it was time for a new one, I wanted a new one, I didn't need a new one, I wasn't trying to keep up with the Jone's, I didn't think it was cool. I wanted to, nothing more.

Today, I'm asked to test and report on the new model of Bowtechs that come out each year. I'm fortunate. Again, it's still a not need to, not to keep up with anyone else, I want to do it.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Well, for me I believe in the old saying, "who ever dies with the most toys wins". I shot the same PSE lazer Magnum for about 20 years. I retired it to Len's stock of old bow display. I bought a PSE SR1000 and shot it for 7 or 8 years. I gave it to someone online who didn't have the money but wanted to get his dad into bowhunting. The only reason I got rid of the SR1000 was I went into Len's to buy a deer stand. While there he showed me the stand I was interested in and then told me why he WOULDN'T buy it. While thinking that over he put a Darton in my hand to shoot. So I left with no deer stand but a new bow.[&:] I shot that a few years and then had to have a Guardian after test driving it. So, we got to change bows once in a while for many reasons.... usually none of the reasons are valid past... because I want it.

Quick Reply: Why the need for new bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.