Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PREACHER TONY CALLING

Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PREACHER TONY CALLING

ORIGINAL: valor10

It would be a fine gesture, and much appriciated. I might have my disagreements around here with some folks, but I would never want to see anybody injured in persuit of their favorite whitetail. Prayers are good.

AF Hunter,... I don't want to have my buck fever cured, so let's have him leave that part out.
You got that right Chief ! Wouldn't be the same without that, that's for sure.
In buck fever, what I am referring to is that difficulty (and sometimes inability) to focus and go through my mental checklist when that monster walks in. The awe and heart pounding I quite enjoy, but I have had a couple where the shot was never taken because I felt like I was missing something from the checklist. We analysts have to do everything by the numbers and sometimes go through the process twice before we're ready to take the next step. Sucks to live that way, but its the way we are.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think this is a great idea. Let's not forget about those that aren't hunting as early as others but they are out scouting and hanging stands too!

Rob- You're right about the coastal region of SC opening on August 15th. Doesn't BHB's season start at the end of August? I think that's what he said. I start on September 1.

Get on it Preach!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

I think this is a great idea. Let's not forget about those that aren't hunting as early as others but they are out scouting and hanging stands too!

Rob- You're right about the coastal region of SC opening on August 15th. Doesn't BHB's season start at the end of August? I think that's what he said. I start on September 1.

Get on it Preach!
I'm on it like a fat kid on a smartie ...
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Let me help

"May Quicksilver get posion ivy on his junk and spike's under his tree...."

Ok it's all you now Preach
Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get on it like Germ on his woman...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

You guys are doing a good thing. Philippians 4:6 tells us to present ALL requests to Him through prayer, petition and thanksgiving.

In rodeo circles, it is customary for the rough stock riders to gather behind the chutes and have a prayer, not for a high score, but for all contestants to perform to the best of their ability and above all, stay safe. One thing I'll always remember was a guy added one time, " ... thank you for giving us the drive and the ability to chase our dreams". Profound words.