Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PREACHER TONY CALLING

Old 08-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Bartender

Default RE: PREACHER TONY CALLING

LOL
Tony if you want PM it to Rob then he can toss it up or we all can reply to it with an AMEN or just lock it.
Thanks so much,
T
Old 08-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's a great idea, but in all honesty, I'm talking to GOD the whole time I'm out. But I never ask GOD to bless me with a big buck or anything, I just ponder the meaning of life, reflect on things I've done and how to do them better next time, and probably confess a bit as well, but I've NEVER asked him to send me a big deer, because I think if he wants one to come by, I'll be blessed with one.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Really nice thought, Peak....

When I lived in Charleston, SC......they had a day there, prior to the shrimping season,when the shrimp boats would parade through the harbor (decorated for the event). There was a festival @ Patriot's point where everyone would gather for the "Blessing of the Fleet". As each shrimp boat came by.....the priests/rabbi's/etc... would indifidually"Bless" each boat,their season and their safe return to harbor, each day.

Everyyear some of those guys don't come home to their families. It's a tough living.

That day was a pretty magical day. Your suggestion is a great one.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

I think it's a great idea, but in all honesty, I'm talking to GOD the whole time I'm out. But I never ask GOD to bless me with a big buck or anything, I just ponder the meaning of life, reflect on things I've done and how to do them better next time, and probably confess a bit as well, but I've NEVER asked him to send me a big deer, because I think if he wants one to come by, I'll be blessed with one.
I think most are, Doug. Private prayer is essential in the Bible .... but so was corporate prayer .... both are necessary .....

Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doug, much the same here, and when game presents the opportunity, I always throw in a "If it be your will that this animal be mine, please guide the arrow that the end should be as quick and painless as possible."
Old 08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

It would be a fine gesture, and much appriciated. I might have my disagreements around here with some folks, but I would never want to see anybody injured in persuit of their favorite whitetail. Prayers are good.

AF Hunter,... I don't want to have my buck fever cured, so let's have him leave that part out.
You got that right Chief ! Wouldn't be the same without that, that's for sure.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

OK .... the winky winky thing will require a surrender of your man card from this point forward
If you only knew.

And throw a little something in for a healthy leg...Oh and not to be selfish, a nonbusted rack in IL and PA. [8D]
Your scaring me ... I WANT MY MOMMA []
That also requires a immediate surrender of your man card

Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

OK .... the winky winky thing will require a surrender of your man card from this point forward
If you only knew.

And throw a little something in for a healthy leg...Oh and not to be selfish, a nonbusted rack in IL and PA. [8D]
Your scaring me ... I WANT MY MOMMA []
That also requires a immediate surrender of your man card
Well go ahead and try and prymy man cardoutta my Momma's hand
Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Doug, much the same here, and when game presents the opportunity, I always throw in a "If it be your will that this animal be mine, please guide the arrow that the end should be as quick and painless as possible."
You know Mark, I don't even go that far, I just go with it if it feel right, and after the fact, I look up and thank him for letting it all come together for me. I feel like I'm not being "gracious" if I ask for things from him. Just me, I try not to ask anyone for anything if I don't NEED it, and I suppose, I carry that on even with God. Not saying there's anything wrong with asking him to guide your arrow, it's just not me.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

You know Mark, I don't even go that far, I just go with it if it feel right, and after the fact, I look up and thank him for letting it all come together for me. I feel like I'm not being "gracious" if I ask for things from him. Just me, I try not to ask anyone for anything if I don't NEED it, and I suppose, I carry that on even with God. Not saying there's anything wrong with asking him to guide your arrow, it's just not me.
I am not really saying guide my arrow so that I'll kill quick, it is more if it is to be, please make it quick so the animal does not suffer. I have seen many gut shot deer (and thankfully I have never done that) who linger on for way too long after they are hurt. I do not want the animal to suffer for hours or days on end is all I ask the good Lord for.

Quick Reply: PREACHER TONY CALLING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.