Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blazer fletchings

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default blazer fletchings

i heard a couple of days ago that if you shoot blazer fletchings on your arrows it will affect the way you fixed blade broadheads will fly. i even heard other things like you cant shoot fixed blade broadheads at all is this true. i shot one of my muzzys with a blazer and it flew just fine but i wanted to make sure because when i see a deer i dont want to screw it up...

thanks for the info
[align=left] [/align]
Old 08-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: blazer fletchings

I don't know who the hell told you that but man are they misinformed or perhaps you misunderstood.

Blazers work excellent with fixed blade heads. The higher profile drags more air helping stabilize the arrow.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Blazers are very good especially with a helical to them.

However that being said I may be the only one who doesn't like them that much. I like a lower profile like the AAE 3". Of course I am shooting mechanicals this year. If I was shooting a bigger fixed blade the blazers "might" give better control?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I have blazers on my arrows they shoot great with my slick tricks witch are fixed blades
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM

I have killed 9 deer with 2" blazers and fixed heads with no problems, in fact, I wouldn't shoot anything but blazers and fixed heads.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just the opposite, blazers help a fixed blade fly better. I have shot them a couple years now and love them.

Good Luck
Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I don't know who the hell told you that but man are they misinformed or perhaps you misunderstood.

Blazers work excellent with fixed blade heads. The higher profile drags more air helping stabilize the arrow.
i literally lol'ed when i read that. yeah i shoot muzzy 3 blade 125 grains on easton excels, with blazers. it is probably the best set up i have ever had.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:31 AM

My "test" with Blazers and broadheads at 60 yards. 58# X Force shooting a 390 grain Blazer fletched shaft @ 293 fps. The target is at a slight angle from where I shoot in order to get 60 yards. These shots were without warm up. Bottom right first, then top, 3rd shot I dropped my arm (shooter error) and missed the circle, so I retreived the arrow and shot it again, fourth shot is bottom left. For me, this is field point accuracy with broadheads.

I forgot, I used the Slick Trick 125 1'' standard.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 AM

I suspect he your buddy was referring to the 1.5" Blazer variety, in which case he's right. The short ones are NOT for broadhead use. But the 2" Blazers work beautifully.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

love my Blazers , field points, fixed or mechanicals. mine shoot fine.

Quick Reply: blazer fletchings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.