Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two Bows

Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM

Default Two Bows

How many of you guys have 2 bows. One for hunting and one for 3-d. Im thinking of getting 2 of whatever bow I get, 1 in camo, the other in one of bowtechs other colors. I just dont want to look like a redneck shooting with a camo bow.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Two Bows

Save your money for a car man. No need wasting your money on 2 bows jsut shoot the same one it will get you more comfortable with the bow insteead of switching back and forth. Mostly everyone at the #D shoots are redneck anyway
Old 08-04-2008, 07:41 AM

Parents are buying me a car, I have to buy gas ans insurenece so im not spoiled. It would be the same bow, same sight, same rest, different arrows, different color.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just dont want to look like a redneck shooting with a camo bow.
If that's the only reason, save your money for college. Ninety-eight percent of 3d attendees shoot camo bows.

Now, if it's because you want to get really serious about 3d and have a target bow set up with a long a-to-a offering a more stable platform with a more forgiving brace height and you're thinking about chasing after a few state championships and maybe hitting the national scene... go for it. But from the sound of your post, I'd say your a little ways away from that yet.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Parents are buying me a car, I have to buy gas ans insurenece so im not spoiled. It would be the same bow, same sight, same rest, different arrows, different color.
Save your money kiddo, trust me! Who says shooting your hunting bow at a 3-d shoot is being a red neck?? I'm guilty as heck then with a pile of other people as well. Thats the bow you plan on using for hunting, its the one you should be practicing with.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Now, if it's because you want to get really serious about 3d and have a target bow set up with a long a-to-a offering a more stable platform with a more forgiving brace height and you're thinking about chasing after a few state championships and maybe hitting the national scene... go for it. But from the sound of your post, I'd say your a little ways away from that yet.
LOL....I had "that bow".

Yeah....I ordered it in CAMO!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:25 AM

Thats what im after, I want to go to the empire state games next year for archery, or rifle, i do rifle at school. Im really interesting in like competiton shootingon a state and national level. Just sold my world of warcraft accout for $300 bucks, got payed to play a videogame, great stuff. That should take care of all the excessories.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 AM

You find a ride yet bro?
Old 08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Like Greg said if you are getting the same bow just in different colors, don't worry about getting a second bow. There are some very good shooters that shoot camo colored bows. I had a longer A2A bow that I used for 3D, but I use a completely different setup. Longer stabilizer, different sight, and different arrows. Don't worry about looking like a redneck, let your shooting do your talking.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:05 AM

Well does any1 know a company that makes competiton compoud bows?

And Ill call my uncle this afternoon about going to the chop that is close for a new string on my bow so i can shoot it again.

Quick Reply: Two Bows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.