Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

Old 08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I ask as well but I still call BS. There is no such thing as a "void", "hollow" spot, "no mans land" or whatever the hell you wish to call it. If you go BELOW the spine, you WILL catch pieces of internal organs PERIOD! This does not mean you will kill the deer every single time.

I've seen photographic evidence of scar tissue on lungs created by broadheads. I wonder if that shooter claimed the "void" too?

And I'd wager that most of the people never even hit below the spine but above it.
Watch it.

Come back and report.

I used to feel the SAME WAY.
There is nothing Keith Warren can show me to change my opinion short of an autopsy showing NO damage to internal organs. There is no void. See any anatomy chart. Like I said, scare tissue on lungs, they heal and if you don't collapse them or hemorage them enough to kill them, they can heal.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I actually don't care what you wanna call it, then, ROb. I saw a deer get SMOKED (in my eyes) today.....and I saw the same deer get shot AT, again, a few weeks later.

If you....I....or ANYONE hit that deer where that little girl did.....you'd SWEAR you smoked it.

I won't get into semantics with you. After you see it....we'll talk about it some more.

It's interesting footage.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I actually don't care what you wanna call it, then, ROb. I saw a deer get SMOKED (in my eyes) today.....and I saw the same deer get shot AT, again, a few weeks later.

If you....I....or ANYONE hit that deer where that little girl did.....you'd SWEAR you smoked it.

I won't get into semantics with you. After you see it....we'll talk about it some more.

It's interesting footage.
Like I said and I'll repeat it again because I don't want people going away thinking there is a "void".

It is possible to shoot a deer in the lungs and not kill it.

The lungs if not deflated/collapsed or hemoraged out will heal like any other organ. The upper lobes have less blood vessels and if a broadhead doesn't destroy enough of these vessels or collapse the lungs the deer can heal.

They did not do an autopsy on the deer so we will never know but I know there is no "void" and she couldn't have hit it when it doesn't exist.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

"Void" is a generic term. "Dead man's land" is a generic term.

They NEVER mentioned those terms. I did....becuase they're terms people her ehave heard of.

We've also had people come here and tell us about the "pressurized chamber" that is a deer's thorax (vitals area). As many as will tell you that there is no "void".....you'll find those who'll tell you that a deer WILL DIE if pressure is lost in his chest cavity.

You're contradicting someone. Pick your poison.

I ONLY say I saw what I saw.

She smoked him.

He lived.

Period.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you intentionally watch Keith Warren or you just couldn't find the remote?[:-]
Old 08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

I ask as well but I still call BS. There is no such thing as a "void", "hollow" spot, "no mans land" or whatever the hell you wish to call it. If you go BELOW the spine, you WILL catch pieces of internal organs PERIOD! This does not mean you will kill the deer every single time.

And I'd wager that most of the people never even hit below the spine but above it.
I don't know if I hit the top of the lungs or not but I DID shoot a deer once below the spine and it lived to be taken later in the season. That is fact. Here's some anatomy pics for you guys.
http://www.deerhunting.ws/deeranatomy.htm
They are resilient animals. Many times we may even colapse one lung and the deer lives on.
Good point.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of course it has to be true ,I seen iton TV.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

LOL, GR8.....

I was in the other room.....tearing out my kitchen cabinets. I glanced and saw the shot.

So then he starts talking about it...and I watched.

Like I said.....you or I or anyone else make that shot.....we'd be high-fiving.

I don't recall what he referred to it as. The thread header was MY terminology. If you watch it.....you'll know why I said what I did. Until you do......well....until I did...I would have been as adamant as Rob.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: sixgunluvr

I don't know if I hit the top of the lungs or not but I DID shoot a deer once below the spine and it lived to be taken later in the season. That is fact.
And I believe you but how do you know for sure? Is it what you saw or did you find the scar tissue to prove you were below the spine?

What we see and what really happens is quite different at times. I've learned first hand as well with talking with some very experienced blood trackers that what we see is rarely what happens. These trackers have recovered hundreds of down animals and they say when the deer/bear is recovered that the hunter's tale of the shot is rarely correct. There is alot that happens when that moment takes place. Our emotions are running high, might be low light, the animal moves etc...

I myself thought I smoked a deer. I KNOW I saw my arrow go through the lungs of a deer at 19 yards. When the deer didn't fall out in the field and I glassed it to see no hole in it's lungs I was shocked. It was also caught on video that the deer dropped all but completely out from under the arrow. What I ACTUALLY saw was my arrow go throught the hide above the lungs but my brain registered perfect hit.

I'm not doubting you in the least but I think alot of people use the "no mans land" as a crutch, didn't see what they thought they saw, killed the deer but didn't recover it, used dull heads, or the deer just got very lucky.

All I'm saying in this thread that the void or whatever someone wishes to call it doesn't exist and you can send an arrow through the cavity of the deer and not kill it for various unknown reasons. They are resilient animals. Many times we may even colapse one lung and the deer lives on.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

John Eberhart, author of Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails devoted a few pages to this same subject. I remember him mentioning being unable to recover "3 deer shot through the lungs"...I will have to flip through and try to dig this up. Very interesting subject.

Quick Reply: Anybody watch Keith Warren, today? "No mans Land"/ "Void"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.