Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

decision time

Old 08-02-2008, 11:05 PM

Default decision time

Getting a new bow- it's between Hoyt Ketera, PSE X Force supershort, or Matthews DXT. I'm leaning towards DXT. Any feedback would be much appreciated...
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Default RE: decision time

I personally like the PSE SS X-force. I recently shot one, while planning to get the DXT, and I was very much suprised at the PSE. Enough so that I have changed my mind and am getting the PSE. It was fast and really quiet with no hand shock.... And at 26 + inches ATA it is really compact and light... perfect for hunting out of any stand.

MET

Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of those you mentioned for me it would be the Katera. I tried to shoot the PSE SS and I couldn't even anchor because the string angle was so steep. The DXT is nice but still too short for my likes.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:54 AM

I would recommend you go and shoot all three and maybe some others. I feel bad for a lot of hunters who get a new bow because of the hype or someone else says there popular or cool. You shoot the ones you are interested in and get the one within your budget that feels the best to you.
A few years ago I looked at a new bow and heard a lot about the Hoyt Trykon, so I decided to go try it. Boy was I dissappointed. I almost punched myself in the face as the roll over at the end of the draw cycle was so drastic. I could not get used it.
You should decided what is important to you and then go shoot a bunch and see which feels the best. Grips are diffferent, Draw is different. All the manufacturers you mention produce quality, so I would recommend you see what feels best
Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like the dxt but shoot all of them and choose the one that feels best to you
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

I have testshot all 3 and I liked the DXT best. But that is limited knowlegde I don't know anyone that shoots any of the bows you have on your list. So take it with a grain of salt.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own currently own a Bowtech Guardian, and some Hoyts. I shot the Katera,and itsan incredible bow, smooth, fast, quiet and excellent overall quality. I also shot the DXT and loved it, quiet, fast, super lightweight, and I really liked the short ATA. I went with the DXT just becuse its so light and short ATA, the older I get the more I like light, short ATA bows as they are easy to hold for long periods of time and manuver in stands. I havent shot the PSE but Im sure its a great bow also. Same rule applies, just go shoot them and pick the one that feels the best, they will all get the job done thats for sure.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Out of the 3 the DXT was, to me, the way to go. I shot all 3 bows for over an hour. The pse was nice, but the falloff at the back I didn't like. I think I'm gonna get the DXT. Small, fast, and light. It was pretty accurate too- and I was shooting it without a sight. All 3 bows are around the same price.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Host of Hosts

The Katera is an awsome bow...fastest of the bunch you mentioned and super smooth too. The best of both worlds