Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

People just amaze me!!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default People just amaze me!!

I went to drop apples at my new hunting spot which is very remote behind a house. I get there to find out my Cudde is gone! This really pisses me off! I talked to the landowner and he appologised 100 times and I told him it's not his fault but I wanted to let him know there were people snooping around on his property.Funny thing is it was 10 yards from the corner of his yard. Well the landowner is pissed he now wants me to post everything and he said he is gonna do everything he can to catch them. I know it's getting closer to the season and guys are starting to look for a remote spot they can get in and kill a deer without getting caught.
I am so pissed right now I hope he comes back when I am in a tree hunting! He will not be getting away and he will be prosecuted! I would of never thought that directly behind a house this would of happened! I know you hear about it all the time on public land. Thing is I'm sure people know there are big bucks in this woods so they will try to get in! I did follow footprints out of the woods to an apartment complex! I snooped around but found nothing! I am thinking someone in these apartments hunts and is walking on the land! I can not wait to catch them!Thieves are such bastards!!!!!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:15 PM

Default RE: People just amaze me!!

that sucks! sorry to hear that, but what comes around goes around...they will get whats comin to them in the end.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel for ya man. Same thing happened to me, behind my own house nearly 2 years ago. Mine wasn't a Cudde, but I was still pissed.[:@]I have 2 cams up behind the house now, locked up as well as possible.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

I am thinking someone in these apartments hunts and is walking on the land!
Dude Ia sorry....but you're right.....it probably is someone who hunts.

I had a stand and a feeder stolen, last year....and I all but know who did it. Yeah....he's a "hunter".

Makes me sick.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

T Bro - Never underestimate the depths that a human being will sink to. Trespassing & theft seem so common anymore it does not surprise me at all. Post the property, then hang another trail cam. Make sure it is secured and then hang another trailcam where it can watch the first preferably up high where lowlifes don't normally think to look. You'll probably get pics of the guy who stole the first one.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll start by telling you that I had a LW sit and climb ($360)stolen from me several years ago on "private" property that had houses around also. This stand was cable locked too! Nothing is very safe anymore![:@][:'(][>:]
Sorry about you trail cam. I was wondering how you had it attached to the tree? I've got a Cudde also, and I'm not crazy the way you screw it into the tree to secure it. It just doesn't seem real "secure"at all to me![:@]
Old 08-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll bet he's from Pennsylavania. I tell ya, the worst trouble I've had with yahoos was in NY state when I lived in Maryland but was hunting in NY. Two years in a row during turkey season I ran into the biggest bunch of just plain slugs from Penn. What's up with that. I mean, they have not respect, don't give a shoot and if you call them on it they give you a "so what are you going to do about it big mouth. Why don't you leave". I mean, just plain slugs with no ethics.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter
Post the property, then hang another trail cam. Make sure it is secured and then hang another trailcam where it can watch the first preferably up high where lowlifes don't normally think to look. You'll probably get pics of the guy who stole the first one.
I've never understood this line of thinking. He just got robbed of a $400 camera, so he should buy 2 more( $800 )to catch the guy......who, at most will likely get a $100 fine???? [&:]No thanks.....chalk it up to ____ happens.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I'll start by telling you that I had a LW sit and climb ($360)stolen from me several years ago on "private" property that had houses around also. This stand was cable locked too! Nothing is very safe anymore![:@][:'(][>:]
Sorry about you trail cam. I was wondering how you had it attached to the tree? I've got a Cudde also, and I'm not crazy the way you screw it into the tree to secure it. It just doesn't seem real "secure"at all to me![:@]
Well what I did was got a longer screw that way it was in the tree better! I had this one screwed to a piece of wood the owner had stacked up down at the corner of his yard! I normally have a lock on them but the owner said noone will bother it! He offered to buy me a new cudde but I refused. It will be all posted next week! It does not suprise me that someone is sneaking on there with all the deer there!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Moultries out at various times of year. I have seriously considered electricity or booby traps around them. I really could care less if someone got hurt if they were in fact touching my property and did not have permission to be there to begin with.

LT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.