Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

People just amaze me!!

Old 08-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: People just amaze me!!

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter
Post the property, then hang another trail cam. Make sure it is secured and then hang another trailcam where it can watch the first preferably up high where lowlifes don't normally think to look. You'll probably get pics of the guy who stole the first one.
I've never understood this line of thinking. He just got robbed of a $400 camera, so he should buy 2 more( $800 )to catch the guy......who, at most will likely get a $100 fine???? [&:]No thanks.....chalk it up to ____ happens.
Because he will have to make restitution brother. If I got ripped off, I guarantee I would do everything possible to catch the slimeball who commited the crime. It may be illegal to bait deer in Iowa, but it is not illegal to bait criminals.

And then there is the problem with passiveness when it comes to criminal activity. I don't think I'd ever "chalk it up to _____ happens." I had to work to get everything I have and will not idly stand by while some lazy inbred sister marrying fecal cranium attempts to take my belongings. These type of people look for opportunity and couldn't give a rodent's sphincter about anyone else. I say bait them in and then send them to live with Bubba.
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'll bet he's from Pennsylavania. I tell ya, the worst trouble I've had with yahoos was in NY state when I lived in Maryland but was hunting in NY. Two years in a row during turkey season I ran into the biggest bunch of just plain slugs from Penn. What's up with that. I mean, they have not respect, don't give a shoot and if you call them on it they give you a "so what are you going to do about it big mouth. Why don't you leave". I mean, just plain slugs with no ethics.
That's somewhat comical David. There's slugs everywhere though. Maybe Pa just has more than it's share of them? It is a shame though. I wish they had open season on thieves. Shoot on sight![:'(][:'(][:'(][>:][>:][>:]
Nontypical Buck

Post the property, then hang another trail cam. Make sure it is secured and then hang another trailcam where it can watch the first preferably up high where lowlifes don't normally think to look. You'll probably get pics of the guy who stole the first one.
I've never understood this line of thinking. He just got robbed of a $400 camera, so he should buy 2 more( $800 )to catch the guy......who, at most will likely get a $100 fine???? [&:]No thanks.....chalk it up to ____ happens.
I will chalk it up to "Dude is gonna have a rude awakening come hunting season" I will jump out of my treestand and tie the SOB up till the landowner gets there. I just hope my temper does not get the best of me if he wants to try to get mouthy! Sorry guys I just can't tolerate stealing! I friggin bust my butt 7 days a week for the things I got and so my kids have nice things and someone wants to do this. I'm boiling right now! Just glad I got 2 months to cool off before season!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'll bet he's from Pennsylavania. I tell ya, the worst trouble I've had with yahoos was in NY state when I lived in Maryland but was hunting in NY. Two years in a row during turkey season I ran into the biggest bunch of just plain slugs from Penn. What's up with that. I mean, they have not respect, don't give a shoot and if you call them on it they give you a "so what are you going to do about it big mouth. Why don't you leave". I mean, just plain slugs with no ethics.
That's somewhat comical David. There's slugs everywhere though. Maybe Pa just has more than it's share of them? It is a shame though. I wish they had open season on thieves. Shoot on sight![:'(][:'(][:'(][>:][>:][>:]
I know... I was poking some fun... but honestly two years in a row we ran into some real winners from PA. I mean, I couldn't believe these guys... just plain stupid. I know, they could have been from NY, MD or maybe even Montana.LOL.... but I'll never forget them.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I'm not siding with the thief at all. Like I said, I had one stolen, plus a stand. Still pisses me off thinking about it. I've been there twild....trust me. Check the pawn shops and even look for it hanging in another tree in the same woods. Yes, some people are that stupid.[&:]

AF, if your Cadillac got swiped, I'm assuming you'd buy 2.One to drive and the other to catch the thief?[8D]
Old 08-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I'm not siding with the thief at all. Like I said, I had one stolen, plus a stand. Still pisses me off thinking about it. I've been there twild....trust me. Check the pawn shops and even look for it hanging in another tree in the same woods. Yes, some people are that stupid.[&:]

AF, if your Cadillac got swiped, I'm assuming you'd buy 2.One to drive and the other to catch the thief?[8D]
BBM, don't be STUPID:
1. I would never buy a cadillac.
2. I have had belongings stolen in the past and have been able to bait them in and detain them until the appropriate authorities took possession of the turds.
3. Who said he would have to put out more cuddies? Oh! that's right, it was you. Any trailcam will work.
4. T would be wasting his time looking in pawn shops for it. The people who steal & pawn are not normally walking around the woods for their merchandise.
5. Anyone who advise someone to be a victim instead of making right??? Democrat?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm tellin you, if you wanna stop that forever you will have to catch em and confront em. I struggle with a raging temper myself , so when I catch em it takes all I got in me not to drive my skull through their face and scream like Hulk at em. When you catch em, be polite but firm with em. You can't prove they stole your camera, you dont know who it is yet, although chances are whoever you catch on your property is your culprit. Tell them that you know they took your camera and if they ever set foot on your property again the law will be involved. The thought of law and fines usually scares about 30% of trespassers away for good, from my experience. Catch em a second time, be very stern with em and tell them the wardenis beingnotified of the situation and you might add something like "the landowner knows who you are and knows you've been trespassin, I won't stop him from puttin a bullet in your ass, its his land and he can do as he pleases, good luck buddy." Even though he aint gonna shoot em, it might scare em a tad. I like to view trespassers as terrorists in the middle east. They will always do what they do, and you must keep constant pressure on em and a continual presence in the area to keep em from taking over.You won't stop em, but you can keep emin check. If they see your truck more often, they will less likely take a gambleon any given day. I hatetrespassers with a passion. Sorry about your Cudde, but don't put TWO MORE up. That's askin for it. Maybe set a trap by puttin up an older and cheaper camera with no film or disk in it, and have the old man keep an eye out if he can. Stay at em, post the property, let em know you're in there and it's your place.If you catch em, walk right up to em and look em dead in the eye. I'd say 75% of punks like that are all talk and will cowar down if they know you mean business. They will probably come back, but like I said, all you can do is keep em in check. Good luck.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

BBM, don't be STUPID:
1. I would never buy a cadillac.
2. I have had belongings stolen in the past and have been able to bait them in and detain them until the appropriate authorities took possession of the turds.
3. Who said he would have to put out more cuddies? Oh! that's right, it was you. Any trailcam will work.
4. T would be wasting his time looking in pawn shops for it. The people who steal & pawn are not normally walking around the woods for their merchandise.
5. Anyone who advise someone to be a victim instead of making right??? Democrat?
AF, take a fist full of these and chill.

So in your little world of catch the criminals, what happens when they steal the new cameras? Buy more of course!![8D]

You really have the criminal mind figured out. The pawn shops around here would be empty if they only bought from honest people. You want a trail camera? There are 5 on the shelves at ours at all times. Stolen??? Of course not, the hunters decided to upgrade 3 days later.[&:]

And a democrat? Seriously?? Thats worse than insulting someones mother.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boys boys, settle down.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look BBM, you can live in your "little world" all you want. I was employed as a criminal intelligence analyst in the military for over 20 years. I know more about the criminal mind than, from reading your posts, you know all together. As far as the picture of your daily medicine, quit being a eunich and grow some. Writing it off is the worst thing to do as it validates their behavior. If you live your life letting people get away with too much, you're gonna be walked all over the rest of your life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.