Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: elephant

Very disturbing comments.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

No desire here. Exoctics just dont interest me. Id rather watch them at the circus
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

In the Bison hunt I was comparing this with (didn't see the elephant hunt).....the above didn't "seem" to be the case. Let me see.......think more along the lines of stalking a cow in a pasture.
i hear ya on that. Most of those bison hunts are for bison that are livestock.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If I had all the money in the world you bet I would try it!!
Two things that keep me back from hunting elephant and other dangerous game (I'd love to go after a kodiak with my longbow!).

1. Money
2. I have people that completely depend on me.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

Being an amateur photographer, my first desire is to do a "photo safari" with my wife in a few years when the kid is in college. Hope we get it done.

After that, I will have a better foundation on which to form an opinion as to what I want or don't want to hunt on another Continent.

Like others, I am certainly not against it, whether I ultimately ever decide to particpate on a personal level or not.

I've got friends and a wife that think I am nuts for sitting in a tree all morning, even though they have never done it. Kinda the same thing in my mind.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

My friend I asked for prayers for (motocycle accident) took an elephant with a 90 lb Hoyt Trykon and over 900 grain arrow, complete pass through.

I have no desire personally to take an elephant however I'm glad the possibility exists for those who wish to do it. That's all you can really say about it. Just because you (in general) don't want to do it, be thankful it's a possibility in case you change your mind.
Wow, thats incredible!!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Southern, there is no reason for you to apologize to anyone. Hunting/fishing runs through my blood and I am as adamant about doing both as anyone else that I know.....but for anyone to use scare tactics on me to get me to "conform" to a standard set of beliefs used by true "hunters", ones that will not "rock the boat" with anti-hunting anything because somehow the Anti's will latch on and drown us will never work on me.....for I am not a weak minded Jedi.
They are right though VS, I know nothing about elephant hunting so I shouldn't have said it wasn't sporting. Comments like that get to people, including me, I just didn't realize I said it like that. Believe me, am a very outspoken and strong-willed personand nobody on this earth will EVER tell me I can't hunt or I can't shoot my guns. I'll start a Revolution and give my life for it, and all the Anti's will know my face. That's where I stand on hunting and guns. I like to view myself as very similar to crazy Uncle Ted Nugent when it comes to guns, hunting, and illegal ALIENS....(I don't use the word "immigrant" and "illegal" in the same sentence).I'm a little extreme and I keep some of my comments to myself on here so people don't think I'm off my rocker. I'm very opinionated and I will always stick to my guns. Nobody made me "conform" to their beliefs on here, they just suggested that I may have said something I didn't mean to say, and I realized it and wanted to clear it up. I also made an assumption which I shouldn't have about elephant hunting. Never done it,shouldn't judge.If I'm wrong I'm wrong, aint no shame in it. No harm done. Let's all take a safari trip!
Old 08-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If I had all the money in the world you bet I would try it!!
Two things that keep me back from hunting elephant and other dangerous game (I'd love to go after a kodiak with my longbow!).

1. Money
2. I have people that completely depend on me.
Not being a "DINK" myself I completly understand. "DINKS" that are my friendsunderstand as well. Great just knowing them though.

"DINK" double income no kids.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would rather hunt "Marsupials, because they are fast".

Why you wanna go shootin an elephant guys? I just don't understand. I mean what is the freakin' point? Would you like to shoot a gorrila as well? How bout an Orangutan? Maybe a Peacock? What is the freakin point?

Geesh!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

I would rather hunt "Marsupials, because they are fast".

Why you wanna go shootin an elephant guys? I just don't understand. I mean what is the freakin' point? Would you like to shoot a gorrila as well? How bout an Orangutan? Maybe a Peacock? What is the freakin point?

Geesh!!!
LT, not sure you read all the post but I already mentioned that although I choose not to, the revenue generated from hunting elephants help to ensure the elephants themselves live on, it's called conservation. These hunts sustain whole villiages not only with income but with meat and so forth. There is an extreme point to hunting them even if you choose not to.

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.