Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: elephant

Preacher, and you can see what has happened to our country when we have become so flexible and non-judgemental on every dang thing. ...it is going to crap as well. Someone has to stand for something every now and then huh? You guys act like I am judging YOU. I am not. I am judging a practice I feel is not proper is all.

Thanks Preacher. "VS .... it's not about all that ... it's about you acting like a judgmental jerk ...... and THAT is what is weak minded ..... now cut the crap!"

For many of you who have seen my posts see that I am very fair and do not like to bother anyone on how they do "their" thing. My words (actions) on here over many years speak louder than this singular post ever will. So if Preacher you still want to call me a judgemental "jerk" then go right ahead.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I amended mine, tony....but you DID quote ME! What was I supposed to think?

I love you.....mean it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had all the money in the world you bet I would try it!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

And Bruce...."[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

..............but hiding in a tree and ambushing/killing a timid animal is ...............what?
[/blockquote]
LOL Apparently that is creating something wonderful LMAO "

That is where you are not thinking like me Bruce.....the killing/ambushing is the final aspect of all of my hunting...it is not why I hunt, but part of the overall equation. You can keep mocking me, but for some reason, hunting is a very spiritual part of my overall being...I usually do not tell people I think like this because they start mocking me just like you did, but it is very important to me to have a sense of "belonging" while in the woods. Maybe I am the odd ball.
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Preacher, and you can see what has happened to our country when we have become so flexible and non-judgemental on every dang thing. ...it is going to crap as well. Someone has to stand for something every now and then huh? You guys act like I am judging YOU. I am not. I am judging a practice I feel is not proper is all.

Thanks Preacher. "VS .... it's not about all that ... it's about you acting like a judgmental jerk ...... and THAT is what is weak minded ..... now cut the crap!"

For many of you who have seen my posts see that I am very fair and do not like to bother anyone on how they do "their" thing. My words (actions) on here over many years speak louder than this singular post ever will. So if Preacher you still want to call me a judgemental "jerk" then go right ahead.
when you stop acting like one, i'll stop calling you one

I still love ya VS ....
Dominant Buck

Brett:

Imagine being on a singles dating service and stating:

"I don't like redheads. They're not for me."

Nothing wrong with saying how you feel. You're not condemning redheads, at all. Will they feel like they were "wronged"? Probably. THEIR issue.

Have a great weekend, pal.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I said this, would I be a "fence rider", one that makes so many friends because they are such a nice guy on every dang issue? I myself personally do not like elephant hunting, but anyone else I say go for it! I cannot bring myself to make that statement. In all reality, I really do not care if someone else hunts an elephant, I really do not. I do not even think they are a bad person or even a bad "hunter", I really just do not care. I am just stating my uneasiness about the practice.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

And Bruce...."
[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

..............but hiding in a tree and ambushing/killing a timid animal is ...............what?
[/blockquote]

LOL Apparently that is creating something wonderful LMAO "

That is where you are not thinking like me Bruce.....the killing/ambushing is the final aspect of all of my hunting...it is not why I hunt, but part of the overall equation. You can keep mocking me, but for some reason, hunting is a very spiritual part of my overall being...I usually do not tell people I think like this because they start mocking me just like you did, but it is very important to me to have a sense of "belonging" while in the woods. Maybe I am the odd ball.
So, you can "create something wonderful" with this sense of "belonging" in the woods while hunting deerbut if another guy thought he was "creating something wonderful" with his sense of belonging in the bush or on the veldt while hunting elephants that is crap?

It's OK if you don't like redheads but to say someone else is wrong for liking them..............
Old 08-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

bruce...again, you make great logical sense man. I am usually a very logical person myself, ask anyone that knows me. However, certain issues jump up at me every now and then that get me riled up for some reason, and this seems to be one of them. I get your points bruce, I really do. Do I think hunting an elephant should be legal...YES, 100%. Do I agree with it?..... heck no.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

VS,

I appreciate your posts...

Fact of the matter, though, I have simply lived-look forward to doing it again. Was your first hunt spiritual? How about your second? The journey is when, where, why and howyou make it, right?. Is it written somewhere that elephant hunting cannot be spiritual? Afterall, isn't it what you make it?

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.