Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: elephant

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Somehow I felt like that was directed towards me Tony......not sure though. Just know that I admitted my mistake and it's all over and done with. It's ok if it was directed towards me because as I said, I messed up by sayin what I did. And if you didnt see it before I deleted it, I posted a video of a lion hunt where the lion attacked the hunters and the hunters shot it multiple times, I just thought it was pretty awesome..........but I quickly deleted it after I realized it would be great fuel for the Anti's. I do not understand why people get off shootin things like elephants, but I have to respect their choice because deer and turkey hunting may be viewed the same way to others. What I'm saying is, I AM ON YOUR SIDE. Please know this. I screwed up and said that stupid crap earlier without knowing how it would be interpreted by others. And Rob, I'm drinkin another one for you right now brother! Take care all, hope you know where I stand!
SS ....DEFINITELY not directed at you ... VS was my target I saw your post and was impressed with it .... we all have judged others that aren't like us sometimes ... you were man enough to admit it ...
Old 08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Fact is, we are our own worst enemies.
Rob....on the other hand, we are our own best lookouts and advocates for the future when we expose crap hunting practices or techniques that might cast us in a bad light.....and for me, I think flying over to Africa and shooting a damn Elephant is crap. Ok, flame me.
Okay vs, answer me this then. Where does it end? If I said shooting a deer with a 300 win mag at 300 yards with a 12X scope while out of a penthouse stand over a food plot is crap, would I not be speaking out against legal ethical hunting? What's the difference?

And did you see iamyourhuckleberry's post, elephants can kill you before you kill them. The $ behind taking the elephants go back into ensure the future of the elephants, it feeds whole villages etc.... why would you find that crap? They are freeranging wild animals (for the most part) and it's a practice since the dawn of time.

I choose not to but I won't say it's crap. I'm happy for those who choose to do it.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey huckleberry, you act as I am some kind of chickens....well buddy I am not.

I am certainly not a man that lives vicariously through others...thanks huck, " I love the "never been there, know all about it" crowd.".... but that ain't me.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

Open minds see more.
Huckleberry, you are right on the money there. I have been a closed minded country boy all my life. My girlfriend of over a year now has told me time and time again that I have to be more open-minded if I wanna be happy and live the best life I can live. I dont wanna get all sappy on yall, but thats what I want. That quote just hit me hard, I dont know why. Maybe because I'm drinkin and I think a lot when I drink
"Open minds see more." Thats a good one, and if you don't mind I might just make it my signature quote. Take care guys, I'm gone for the night. Friday night in Dixie, can't miss out on the fun!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

..............but hiding in a tree and ambushing/killing a timid animal is ...............what?
LOL Apparently that is creating something wonderful LMAO
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Southern, there is no reason for you to apologize to anyone. Hunting/fishing runs through my blood and I am as adamant about doing both as anyone else that I know.....but for anyone to use scare tactics on me to get me to "conform" to a standard set of beliefs used by true "hunters", ones that will not "rock the boat" with anti-hunting anything because somehow the Anti's will latch on and drown us will never work on me.....for I am not a weak minded Jedi.
VS .... it's not about all that ... it's about you acting like a judgmental jerk ...... and THAT is what is weak minded ..... now cut the crap!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob...you have very good points, ones that counter mine strongly. However, something within my soul says that type of hunting just does not sit well with me....maybe that is why I am so strongly against MYSELF doing it.

"And did you see iamyourhuckleberry's post, elephants can kill you before you kill them. The $ behind taking the elephants go back into ensure the future of the elephants, it feeds whole villages etc.... why would you find that crap? They are freeranging wild animals (for the most part) and it's a practice since the dawn of time. "

Very good points. And yes I think your arguments counter mine in the most logical of senses....however, one sense it doesn't override is my sense of what MY purpose is in the hunting world.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Dominant Buck

I think I misread.[8D]
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Understood vs.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

*deleted*

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.