Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: elephant

The Bison hunt I'm talking about.....they didn't even have jackets on.....and it was beautiful out.

I'm kinda in the same boat shadowman is (Brett)....

I wouldn't condemn a man for hunting in any legal method. But, FOR ME, I'd have a hard time killing anything that would let mewalk up towithin 30yds of it ........and then stand there and watch me pull the trigger.

I'll fight for your right to do it (via keeping your hunting rights)......but thats about as far as it goes.

You can shoot me and Brett with the same flame thrower.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The Bison hunt I'm talking about.....they didn't even have jackets on.....and it was beautiful out.

I'm kinda in the same boat shadowman is (Brett)....

I wouldn't condemn a man for hunting in any legal method. But, FOR ME, I'd have a hard time killing anything that would let mewalk up towithin 30yds of it ........and then stand there and watch me pull the trigger.

I'll fight for your right to do it (via keeping your hunting rights)......but thats about as far as it goes.

You can shoot me and Brett with the same flame thrower.
your stand and his are different .....
Old 08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

x2 Rob! SS56, you can be on my team anytime, anywhere...

I hunted will a PH in Africa who wasn't so lucky nor was the hunt so easy. He leave a beautiful wife and three lovely children.

http://www.huntingreport.com/hunting_article_details.cfm?id=1895

Open minds see more.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

"But, FOR ME, I'd have a hard time killing anything that would let mewalk up towithin 30yds of it ........and then stand there and watch me pull the trigger."

x2....and add no history with the animal or land and that equals a pretty sucky hunt for me to envision.

If someone else wants to do it and its legal, then go for it, but............
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

"But, FOR ME, I'd have a hard time killing anything that would let mewalk up towithin 30yds of it ........and then stand there and watch me pull the trigger."

x2....and add no history with the animal or land and that equals a pretty sucky hunt for me to envision.

If someone else wants to do it and its legal, then go for it, but............
you make it sound like they are freaks and not hunters because they hunt what you don't ....... that's my issue with your posts
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

"you make it sound like they are freaks and not hunters because they hunt what you don't ....... that's my issue with your posts "

Not freaks.....but just completely different than me when it comes to hunting. I feel I create a bond between myself, the land, and the animals when I go hunting to create something I feel is wonderful. I cannot even wrap my brain around flying to Africa and killing a damn elephant who you have no history with, have no need to kill for food, and have not scouted for at all....I would never in a million years "hunt" like that.....
Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Somehow I felt like that was directed towards me Tony......not sure though. Just know that I admitted my mistake and it's all over and done with. It's ok if it was directed towards me because as I said, I messed up by sayin what I did. And if you didnt see it before I deleted it, I posted a video of a lion hunt where the lion attacked the hunters and the hunters shot it multiple times, I just thought it was pretty awesome..........but I quickly deleted it after I realized it would be great fuel for the Anti's. I do not understand why people get off shootin things like elephants, but I have to respect their choice because deer and turkey hunting may be viewed the same way to others. What I'm saying is, I AM ON YOUR SIDE. Please know this. I screwed up and said that stupid crap earlier without knowing how it would be interpreted by others. And Rob, I'm drinkin another one for you right now brother! Take care all, hope you know where I stand!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Virginiashadow,

When you're ready to try it, I'll film. No need to shoot, just make it within the thirty yards. No worries, I will notify your next of kin...

I love the "never been there, know all about it" crowd.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting/killingan animal that is not afraid of you and does not run is crap but hiding in a tree and ambushing/killing a timid animal is ...............what?
Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Southern, there is no reason for you to apologize to anyone. Hunting/fishing runs through my blood and I am as adamant about doing both as anyone else that I know.....but for anyone to use scare tactics on me to get me to "conform" to a standard set of beliefs used by true "hunters", ones that will not "rock the boat" with anti-hunting anything because somehow the Anti's will latch on and drown us will never work on me.....for I am not a weak minded Jedi.

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.