Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: elephant

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

The guy said it was a rush, buuuut there wasn't much to it. They just walked up 15 yards behind it and shot it. Reeeeal sporting.

ANTI's say that very thing about what we do. Which side are you on?
Yeah you caught me there Rob, I'm an anti in disguise as an AlabamaRedneck thatkills animals, hollers real loud when they hit the ground, takes pictures with em,and loves the blood on me. Come on, are you kidding me? I'm not even gonna begin to explain myself.
Southern..... he is right .... unless you have hunted an elephant, you can't say how sporting it is ...... you made a statement JUST like the anti's do ...... without knowledge ..
Old 08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ugh......Lord I apologize. Shame on me huh, dadgum guys. I said "it doesn't LOOK sporting to me." Ive never done it, never will, but from the video, it doesnt LOOK sporting. Thats all I said. I could care less what they do over there, but I can have an opinion on that. Iwouldnever in my life be caught with any pieces of trash from PETA, never group me with them again.Sorry I "offended" you, geez.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

It was a simple question SoutherStrut not an accusation.

Perhaps you missed the point. An anti could say that high powered rifles with scopes slinging lead 300 yards doesn't look sporting as well. Would you say that? Fact is, we are our own worst enemies. We want what we want and no unlike the elephant thread or the baiting bears thread our own are denouncing a legal hunt as "not sporting" "unethical", etc...which side are as hunters on? Seems to me, (not pointing at you) that we are against one another.

That's why I say, although I choose not to do it (and I state no reasons that can be used against us) I'm thankful that those who choose to, can. Be it elephant hunting, baiting bears, deer, use rifles or whatever. I may choose or choose not to but I won't be against it.

I hope that clearifies and doesn't point at you.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright I took a break for a while, got a few beers in me, and calmed down a bit. Now I'm ready to admit I made a mistake by sayin it that way. I'm definitely on your side Rob, and all ethical hunters' sides. I am very thankful thatI am allowed the freedom to hunt all the game animals I can in this country. And even though I will never go on an elephant hunt, it is great that they are allowed to do so. I didn't want to be judgemental, guess it came off that way, I just wanted to give my opinion, which I guess I can keep to myself sometimes. Just please know, that there is nobody more supportive of hunting and our right to bear arms as I am. There's not a bigger advocate and lover of the outdoors and hunting than me. That elephant hunt just looked too easy, but I guess I don't know everything that went into preparing for it, so I shouldn't have said that. Please oh please do not view me as one of those littleliberal PETA fools for a small opinion I gave, I am far farfrom that. Those who know me, know I hunt like a starvin Cherokee and love to see meat at the end of my arrows. If I were to participate in a vote for continuing the legal hunting of elephants, I would be all for it, it's our right. Sorry I said it the wrong way Rob, I'll watch what I say next time.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Alright I took a break for a while, got a few beers in me, and calmed down a bit. Now I'm ready to admit I made a mistake by sayin it that way. I'm definitely on your side Rob, and all ethical hunters' sides. I am very thankful thatI am allowed the freedom to hunt all the game animals I can in this country. And even though I will never go on an elephant hunt, it is great that they are allowed to do so. I didn't want to be judgemental, guess it came off that way, I just wanted to give my opinion, which I guess I can keep to myself sometimes. Just please know, that there is nobody more supportive of hunting and our right to bear arms as I am. There's not a bigger advocate and lover of the outdoors and hunting than me. That elephant hunt just looked too easy, but I guess I don't know everything that went into preparing for it, so I shouldn't have said that. Please oh please do not view me as one of those littleliberal PETA fools for a small opinion I gave, I am far farfrom that. Those who know me, know I hunt like a starvin Cherokee and love to see meat at the end of my arrows. If I were to participate in a vote for continuing the legal hunting of elephants, I would be all for it, it's our right. Sorry I said it the wrong way Rob, I'll watch what I say next time.
Damn, I want to drink beer with you. Great post! Thanks.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Anybody see the foulkrod/potts show tonight where they were hunting Bison?

Believe me....it relates.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fact is, we are our own worst enemies.
Rob....on the other hand, we are our own best lookouts and advocates for the future when we expose crap hunting practices or techniques that might cast us in a bad light.....and for me, I think flying over to Africa and shooting a damn Elephant is crap. Ok, flame me.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pretty much the way Bison are, they have no fear....not unlike Muskox, they just pack up, turn around and face you as you walk up, not unlike elephants.

Of course your hunting them in zero, minus zero temps and around polar bears.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Fact is, we are our own worst enemies.
Rob....on the other hand, we are our own best lookouts and advocates for the future when we expose crap hunting practices or techniques that might cast us in a bad light.....and for me, I think flying over to Africa and shooting a damn Elephant is crap. Ok, flame me.
VS ... I like you .... but just because you don't understand what floats someone else's boat, doesn't make them wrong and you RIGHT!!![:@]What don't some of you understand about that?!?!?!?! That is EXACTLY what the ANTI's DO!!

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.