Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

elephant

Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: elephant

Hey Mr. [:@]careful how you throw my nick name arond like that, im fragile [8D]
ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

If I had all the money in the world you bet I would try it!!
Two things that keep me back from hunting elephant and other dangerous game (I'd love to go after a kodiak with my longbow!).

1. Money
2. I have people that completely depend on me.
Not being a "DINK" myself I completly understand. "DINKS"that are my friendsunderstand as well. Great just knowing them though.

"DINK" double income no kids.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

I would rather hunt "Marsupials, because they are fast".

Why you wanna go shootin an elephant guys? I just don't understand. I mean what is the freakin' point? Would you like to shoot a gorrila as well? How bout an Orangutan? Maybe a Peacock? What is the freakin point?

Geesh!!!
LT, not sure you read all the post but I already mentioned that although I choose not to, the revenue generated from hunting elephants help to ensure the elephants themselves live on, it's called conservation. These hunts sustain whole villiages not only with income but with meat and so forth. There is an extreme point to hunting them even if you choose not to.
Many already know what question to ask, they just don't care to find out the answer.

How long could it take for google to answer? 10 seconds? An education awaits!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT, not sure you read all the post but I already mentioned that although I choose not to, the revenue generated from hunting elephants help to ensure the elephants themselves live on, it's called conservation. These hunts sustain whole villiages not only with income but with meat and so forth. There is an extreme point to hunting them even if you choose not to.
I read the entire post Rob. I understand what all that is about. I guess "my" question still remains though "for me" (dang that makes me sound like GMMAT), why would I want to kill an elephant? I know about the things it provides for the people "there". I am not so sure what it does for people "here". Does someone going over there and killing an elephant help "here"? I think not. Maybe I am wrong, but basically it only amounts to a trophy for the american hunter to pound his chest about "here". Now if you want to go to Africa and kill an elephant to help with "their" conservation efforts, and you have the money to help over there instead of maybe someone or something here, by all means, have at 'er.

Original: nodog Many already know what question to ask, they just don't care to find out the answer.

How long could it take for google to answer? 10 seconds? An education awaits!
Thanks for the info there sharpie.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Along that line of reasoning, no one should come to Illinois to shoot a trophy buck. You're not really helping out 'here' and you just want a big buck to pound your chestabout'there'.

[:@]
Old 08-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT,

What's the point of shooting ducks in the bayou or gators in the swamp? What'sthe point of bailing out a city under water? Some of us just do things others don't...

I look forward to matching wit with a Elephant. Chances are, it will be an old broken up cow. I'll leave the entire thing there-no trophy whatsoever (i.e. no chest pounding).

Maybe the point is just stepping outside the bubble?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Along that line of reasoning, no one should come to Illinois to shoot a trophy buck. You're not really helping out 'here' and you just want a big buck to pound your chestabout'there'.
Oooooooh. That was good.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNI_Christine

[:@]
This isn't intended to rescue anyone, but going anywhere tohunt anything is going to help the local economy. The cost of tags/permits, guides/outfitters, motels/hotels, food, fuel/car rentals, andall the other little things a hunter may need to complete a nice hunt will most definitely
help any local economy out, big time.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

No

if their is one creature i would never shoot with a bow , its the Elephant and i cannot understand why anybody would want too IMO . But thats just me . Thats not to say nobody elseshould , i just would not personally .
Old 08-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to burst your "bubble" their Christi, but um, I have not, nor do I intend to ever Pay for a hunt other than in my home state(license/processing). And if I ever were to hunt out of state it would likely be Iowa, Wisconsin, or Kansas, and then, only if it was for the most part free (license,tags,etc.). As far as guides go, I would never, and hear me good, never, use a guide anywhere. Goes against my grain. Sorry I ruffled your feathers there.[8D]And besides, how many "big bucks" have you ever seen me post here.

Original: iamyourhuckleberry Some of us just do things others don't..
I guess, there is the answer to "my" question. Of all the people who do this sort of thing though, I would suspect that you, of all people, probably have the funds and your heart in the right place, to do it. I do not know you personally, but I feel from reading your posts that you are what you say you are. (And that would place you in the minority concerning the elephant issue)

Original: GMMATOooooooh. That was good.
Sa...., umm no, at least I don't think Christine has a sack, so maybe we should start calling you, "Teet Rider".
Old 08-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd probably just figure out a clever way to shoot a zip lock bag full of peanuts over to one. Archery of course.

Quick Reply: elephant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.