Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bear Hunt

Old 07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bear Hunt

My 12 year old nephew called me a couple of days ago with some good news. He put in for the learn to hunt bear program here in Wisconsin and 50 kids get selected from it and he asked if I wanted to go up with him along with my brother and my bil. Well he got selected for the learn to hunt in Aug 22-24th up in Superior, WI. The mentor called my brother and he talked to him and said the 1st morning on Sat. we were going to run his dogs and if he doesn't get one then he will put him on his bait Sat. evening.

My brother, my newphew, myself, and brother-in-law are all going up there that weekend and staying in a cabin! Can't wait! My brother-in-law and myself will be taking 2 cameras along to tape the hunt. Hopefully we will get some good footage.

Man I can't wait for that weekend and the face on my nephew when he sees/shoots his 1st bear!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear Hunt

good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

good luck!
Thanks!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to your nephew!! Make sure the camcorder is turned on and not off. I've seen that happen too many times with the guys I've hunted with.[8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve,

That isn't too far from the Minnesota border it is? How far away do you live from Superior?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to be really against the bear/dog hunting. I have had an opertunity to experience a few hunts first hand and have changed my mind. Like everything in life there is more to it than meets the eye. It is very exciting and challenging. Its not about the kill, it's about training and handling dogs.
I hope you guys have a great hunt! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and video!

See ya tonight!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I used to be really against the bear/dog hunting. I have had an opertunity to experience a few hunts first hand and have changed my mind. Like everything in life there is more to it than meets the eye. It is very exciting and challenging. Its not about the kill, it's about training and handling dogs.
I hope you guys have a great hunt! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics and video!

See ya tonight!
Yeah I didnt like it when I heard he was going to use dogs either but I will give it a try I guess.

Yeah cya later
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE. if you get some good footage let us see it