Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAGE Broadheads

Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM

Default RE: RAGE Broadheads

I have shot 1 deer, 1 warthog and 1 Impala with a rage 2 blade.

The damage was outstanding.

All 3 pass throughs, large blood trails and easy recoveries.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Belowwas my experience with them. Disclaimer, I did not have a chrono or scale with me to with me to test KE and I didn'ttest the kid's (I say kid, but he was in his 20's) bow to see if it was tuned (sorry):

I have only seen them used on one occassion personally and it was not a good outcome. Perfect shot placement for a double lung taken at 40 yards on a large whitetail only got one lung, not enough penetration. The deer was broadside and the kid was hunting from the ground. The deer was not found. Theperson was using a brand new Bowtech and carbon arrows (not sure which one's). Sad part was that he had fixed blades in his quiver also. I asked him why he didn't use the fixed blade for such a long shot and his reply was that he thought he had enough KE to get the job done, and everyone told him so.
I saw the actual deer cross a field in front of me while my friend and I were eating lunch. We watched him jump a fence into the field. Thethen crossed the field which was at least about 500 yards. We took note of where it went in. It's entrance wound was blatant, and the deer did bleed very well for the most part.We found small pieces of lung tissue on the trail. I never saw or met the kid that shot the deer until he was looking for it. We saved him a bunch of time by taking him to where the deer went in.We also helped him track it for about mile mostly uphill. The deer never bedded.

I am definetely not one to judge what a person should use and I give no opinion on the head, only my experience.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

whoops....lol did not mean to make this a debate thread if thats what it may turn into. I didn't know that there was such a debate with them. I appologize for anything that may be sparked here. I didn't know that there was a thread about them. Sorry....
Old 07-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: -DeerSlayer-

whoops....lol did not mean to make this a debate thread if thats what it may turn into. I didn't know that there was such a debate with them. I appologize for anything that may be sparked here. I didn't know that there was a thread about them. Sorry....
lol its all good....we just butt heads on the rage for some reason, we dont do this with any other broadhead
Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

I knowwe butt heads on here... (Ive been attacked for being from Pike Co. IL!!!!) But I had no idea that RAGE broadheads would be the cause! haha
Old 07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Steven, it AMAZES me that you say you had issues with it when you were trying to use them on 50 pounds and like a 26" draw!! The issues you had with them, were self inflicted. You should know better

I shot a doe with one last year and it REALLY impressed me. The most damage I've EVER seen out of a broadhead. You could jog down the bloodtrail.

They'll be in the quiver this year but so will Slick Tricks. I'll probably shoot a deer with the Slick Tricks, just for comparison. (Assuming I get an oportunity)
Old 07-31-2008, 04:36 PM

never used them, but heard mostly goods things about them. the pics from GMMAT and a few others show lots of damage that's all I have to go by. good luck!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I might be the only one who used the 3 blades last year . I killed 3 deer with them, all pass throughs, with no problem. The damage was nasty and they died within 40 yards.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot several does with the Rage head and also the Rocky Mountain Snypers. All deer recovered but like mentioned above the penetration does seem to be an issue. I have never not had a pass thru with my set up shooting a fixed head. With the same set up 70# bow and acc's three does I shot didn't get full pass thrus. They were broadside and it should have blown right thru. Don't know. Having said that I will use the Rocky Mountain Snypers (Rages Daddy) again. Exspecially on turkeys, They are perfect for turks. chris
Old 07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Belowwas my experience with them. Disclaimer, I did not have a chrono or scale with me to with me to test KE and I didn'ttest the kid's (I say kid, but he was in his 20's) bow to see if it was tuned (sorry):

I have only seen them used on one occassion personally and it was not a good outcome. Perfect shot placement for a double lung taken at 40 yards on a large whitetail only got one lung, not enough penetration. The deer was broadside and the kid was hunting from the ground. The deer was not found. Theperson was using a brand new Bowtech and carbon arrows (not sure which one's). Sad part was that he had fixed blades in his quiver also. I asked him why he didn't use the fixed blade for such a long shot and his reply was that he thought he had enough KE to get the job done, and everyone told him so.
I saw the actual deer cross a field in front of me while my friend and I were eating lunch. We watched him jump a fence into the field. Thethen crossed the field which was at least about 500 yards. We took note of where it went in. It's entrance wound was blatant, and the deer did bleed very well for the most part.We found small pieces of lung tissue on the trail. I never saw or met the kid that shot the deer until he was looking for it. We saved him a bunch of time by taking him to where the deer went in.We also helped him track it for about mile mostly uphill. The deer never bedded.

I am definetely not one to judge what a person should use and I give no opinion on the head, only my experience.
Same old story, perfect hit, should have been a double lung but it's the BH's fault. How could you possibly know where he hit it if you didn't find the deer?

By the way, a 2" hole through even one lung is going to keep the deer from going a long ways if its not pushed right away.

Quick Reply: RAGE Broadheads

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.