Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

I wanted somenewbroadheads to play around with - and was hoping to come across some kind of a good deal.

Well, at lunchtime, I wandered down to the hunting store down the street, and they had these Eastman TI-2 Titanium 125's on sale for $6-a-pack (3 headsper pack). So, I picked up 3 packs.

Good deal or total ripoff? What say you?

Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Good deal! Would be great to use on varmints and other critters. I am sure they would kill deer but I would use other BH's for that.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't shoot a deer with one. I've seen 2 first hand that went through a deer and were totally demolished. We found one of the deer, and the other we couldn't after 2 days. Blood trails were poor.

For the record though, I have no idea where the deer we didn't find was hit. All I have is what my buddy told me. The other one was a good shot.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

6 bucks a three pack, not to shabby. I don't like spending my money unless I have to but I probably would have gotten them as well. Give em a try, worst case senario..............you don't like them and give them to me
Old 07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

At that price you can shoot them into a wall and their worth the money. I say good deal. Stick one on your quiver for yotes or follow up shots.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:10 PM

I bought some of those for my son to tear up on his Browning Micro Midas. They are soft, and I mean really soft. I had heck trying to get any of them to spin true, and in desperation finally chucked a few up in the lathe to try and true them up. Cut through the nickle on the outside and you will see they are brass/bronze underneath. Lathe grabbed one of them and bent it like a noodle.

Now I am as big a tightwad as any, but for me those turned out to be a one-shot, close-range throwaway.

BTW, I got mine closeout at Wal-Mart for $3 for 3, got you beat there.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took that same lunchbreak tour the other day at D*cks and almost bought them. I'm glad I didn't - they were $12 there! At $6, I probably would still buy them to shoot at other critters.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Better deal than mine
Old 07-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The wal-MArt by me carries a lot of different models by Eastman, with the most expensive being around $12. My dad buys all his bh's there and has been shooting the Game Tracker Silver Tip 100 mechanicals(I think that's the name)for a long time. He loves them and they have performed well. I always pick up a pack or two of the Eastmans just to have, they fly good and I've killed 1 deer with one similair to the one pictured(mine wasn't a chisel point). After pass thru the head wasn't reusable but the damage to the deer was good.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 PM

I've used several different one's from eastman's or what ever there name is.....they sell the same style broadheads under several different names depending on what store you are at....Never liked any of them, always seem to break apart easy...

Quick Reply: Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.