Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Default RE: Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Hmmmm, may have to partially retract my statement, the ones I got weren't chisel point either, it was a simple cone point. Other than that they looked exactly the same.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

For $6 a pack, I'd probably give'em a try also.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll never understand why guys will spend hundreds of dollars on a good setup and even remotely consider using nickle broadheads.

Eastman Broadheads have been very poor quality for years, hopefully they've improved.

Dan
Old 07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldnt use them on deer at all... My buddy tried some and the blades were breaking off in the foam target.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed my first two deer with those exact broadheads.

They got the job done. The broadhead stayed intact and I got two passthroughs, and the both deer died. So I guess they did their job. They always flew pretty good for me, too.

I think you got a good deal on them.

By the way, some of the other Eastman broadheads are actually pretty nice too, especially the firstcut mechanical and the one that looks like a Silver Flame. I've also had good luck with the 125 grain Sabre Titaniums.

People assume their junk because they're sold at Walmart, but I think they are actually decent broadheads for the money. Just spin check them first.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I killed my first two deer with those exact broadheads.

They got the job done. The broadhead stayed intact and I got two passthroughs, and the both deer died. So I guess they did their job. They always flew pretty good for me, too.

I think you got a good deal on them.

By the way, some of the other Eastman broadheads are actually pretty nice too, especially the firstcut mechanical and the one that looks like a Silver Flame. I've also had good luck with the 125 grain Sabre Titaniums.

People assume their junk because they're sold at Walmart, but I think they are actually decent broadheads for the money. Just spin check them first.
That has nothing to do with mine and many others opinion on them. I'm glad you had good luck!

Walmart also sells NAP Broadheads and I always say they are a quality head.

If you want good clean oats you will pay a fair price, if on the other hand you are content with oats after they have been through the Horse there are some Bargains!

Dan
Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 PM

I bought a pack at walmart years ago and they were the most ptitful cheap piece of crap.... sorry excuse for a broadhead I have ever seen. They were not sharp..... I could pull it across my arm and not hardly leave a mark.... they flew terrible, and they were very weak..... breaking easily ..... I hope you have better luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath about them...

MET

Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed 2 deer and a coyote with Eastmans. Reused the heads, too. Somebody call Ripleys.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you got a good deal. I think guys get a skewed view point when they only use one brand of broadhead. I'm willing to bet you can kill a deer with one.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

just think....for the same 18$ you could had a 3 pack of Muzzys...................i rather have 3 muzzys than 9 of them....

Quick Reply: Good deal or Huge Ripoff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.