Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thinking of changing my bow sight...

Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Thinking of changing my bow sight...

I currently have a Vital Gear Camelback pendulum sight. It's a great sight, very bright single pin, accurate out to (maybe) 35 yards. BUT... I am thinking of changing sights for this coming season. I am thinking of going back to a standard 3 pin sight. Don't get me wrong, I like the pendulum sight, but, it shakes and shimmys, even when locked down.

I am looking at Hunter's Friend website (these guys are great![8D] ) and looking at the various sights they have for bowhunting.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bow-sig...ts-archery.htm

Does anyone know about the new Extreme Archery sights? The basic Challenger sight looks pretty neat. So does the next model up, the RT-900 model that comes with 4 pins.

Has anyone had a pendulum and went back to a standard sight?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thinking of changing my bow sight...

A buddy of mine had that Extreme sight, he switched to a wrapped Hunter Hogg It and never regretted it. I've got a Spot Hogg too and and don't see myself changing. They are very nice.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:35 AM

Default RE: Thinking of changing my bow sight...

Butch, I've not shot a pendulum, but I shot a single pin slider for 4 years. This year, in an effort to be a more competitive 3D shooter, I installed a 5 pin sight. I never really got very comfortable with that, and just switched back to a single pin slider.

Personally, once I got used to having only 1 pin out there, the multi pin set up did nothing but confuse me. My sight picture is suddenly more cluttered, and I had to consciously think about which pin to use. It was very difficult for me to aim and think about which pin I needed to be using.

I don't see me ever going back to a multi pin set up. It's just so much simpler, for me anyway.