Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take it?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you take it?

Confronting them face to face works for me, and it's really all I can do when there's a whole gang of about 15 of em. The first thing that will happen if the law is involved, is a fine. Well ok, they will definitely retaliate after that just as well as they would if you took their stand, at least the punks around here would. Anything you do will piss them off, unless you do like I said and confront them, not in a pissed off angry way at first, but calm and collected so they have no reason to retaliate. From my experience, only about 70% of the people I confront come back again after a couple of weeks. After I confront em the second time with a little more attitude and threaten em with the warden or sheriff, that number decreases to about 20% and they get the picture. Over time, they'll probably try and slip in there again, but just stay after em and try to keep em off as best you can, that's all you can do.......legally. You will never eliminate poachers, they will always trespass and break the law, just like superstrutter said, they're criminals. But again, if you have a problem with a lot of em like I do, you can't get rid of em all no matter what you do. If you post your property, call the warden, call the sheriff, get em caught and they pay a fine, they will still retaliate. That's why I said I'd just go ahead and take the ladder off the bottom of it. If I got caught and had to pay a $1000 fine, I'd be way more pissed about it than if my ladder would've been stolen. Second time, maybe some jail time for em, but they will get out, and retaliation is coming. Poachers are sorry pieces of scum, and most of em need a serious beating.