Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Momentum"

Old 07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Momentum"

ORIGINAL: Germ

When I went from a lighter arrow to the 533gr arrow my bow's energy transfer efficiency went up.
Bruce this is often left out, but a big one to me. Noise issue is what I see as the biggest. I can always tell who has a light arrow at a 3d shoot, those bows have a distinctive sound
LOL when I shoot the 605gr arrow it sounds like I'm plucking a quiet rubber band
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, I'm serious when I say this. You have NOTHING to worry about with your setup. 290fps wit a 375gr arrow is going through a deer, no problamo. In my eyes, it's not worthy of a switch.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think we can calculate optimal, it would change for every bow setup & shooter... There are way too many variables.

You could get it close and then refine w/ tinkering.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Disclaimer: There may actually be a few people out there who understand momentum. To those people, this post is not directed at you.

From my seat in the peanut gallery, it appears that "momentum" is a term reserved specifically for the internet smartass know-it-all's who like to pretend that anyone who uses "Kinetic Energy" as a barometer of their arrow's penetration power is an ill-informed illiterate dumbass.

90% of these individuals have no idea how to calculate momentum, and will read this and go look it up, just to spite me and pretend that I'm wrong.They'll be googling over the next hour, trying topuke out somepost-hoc rationaliztion thattheyactually do actually know how to come up with it. It will take them at least a half-hour to figure out the unitary conversions. Somebody may actually suffer a brain aneurysm as a result of this post.

The King is not responsible for any prospective self-inflicted brain damage or psychiatric episodes occuring in correlation to this message.

These idiotscontinue to drop the M-Bomb, in spite of the fact that the entire bowhunting world widely accepts Kinetic Energy as areasonable baseline.

I'd lay a hefty wager that most of these people had never heard of the term "momentum"until one of their internet idols used it ina post.

Momentum Schmomentum.
I had to LOL on that one.