Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks In Rut Question

Old 07-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bucks In Rut Question

I keep meaning to ask this when I am on the forum and usually don't remember until hours later, but here it goes....

Last year during the rut, I had a buck come in and he had foam all around his mouth. Is this normal during the rut, or did I have the only rabid buck in the area?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bucks In Rut Question

I don't know too many animals that don't do that when they've been running their asses off.

I had one come in 2 years ago that was like that.....and the wheezing noises he was making were like nothing I'd ever heard. Weird. He looked like he could use a breather.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen that. maybe it was at the peak of his cycle and you witnessed him at his worst.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't know too many animals that don't do that when they've been running their asses off.

I had one come in 2 years ago that was like that.....and the wheezing noises he was making were like nothing I'd ever heard. Weird. He looked like he could use a breather.
Oh c'mon, it wasn't the buck making that noise, it was you in all your excitement!

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you only got it one month out of the year wouldn't you be foaming at the mouth and making funny noises too?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Oh c'mon, it wasn't the buck making that noise, it was you in all your excitement!

Heck, I've been married over 28 years, I would get excited if I got half of that!

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

If you only got it one month out of the year wouldn't you be foaming at the mouth and making funny noises too?
LMAO!!!! Very true though!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive seen it several times. I think this is normal when youre a horney buck and cant find any lady friends to pease you Heck i get the same way sometimes
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

The first time I saw this this I was probably 17 or 18 years old and was on the ground rifle hunting. A little 4 point that was foaming at the mouth came trotting right up to me like he was drunk, I came very close to killing him because I thought he was rabid. when I got back to camp my dad and my uncles were cracking up when I told them about it, and pleased that I didn't shoot a little 4 point just because he was horny.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Ive seen it several times. I think this is normal when youre a horney buck and cant find any lady friends to pease you Heck i get the same way sometimes
and pleased that I didn't shoot a little 4 point just because he was horny.
Seriously.....what does hormones have to do with this? I had no idea. I thought they were just exhausted from running so much.....and the "foamy mouth" was a side effect of that.

Quick Reply: Bucks In Rut Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.