Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Flaws in the P&Y and B&C scoring systems.....

Old 07-29-2008, 10:49 AM

Default Flaws in the P&Y and B&C scoring systems.....

The referenced clubs' scoring systems seem appropriate for 99.9% of all deer killed IMO. However, every once in a while a deer comes along that based on its rack configuration becomes a scoring anomoly and is really given credit where credit is not due IMO.... For instance....The Fulton Buck below.... Killed in my home state and I believe is still the largest gross scoring deer ever killed by a hunter.. If not, its in the top two or three.... This deer officially grosses 312 and nets 295. When you conjure up a 295 class buck in your head, do you see this?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Flaws in the P&Y and B&C scoring systems.....

I understand what you are saying, but if you have a system that works well 99.9% of the time you are already way ahead of the game. Every system will have some bias one way or the other. Thats just life.

-john
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

DC, I see it too and your exactly right, there are MUCH BIGGER deer out there that do not score anywhere near that.

I'd take a record book typical over a nontypical anyday.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the systems might work 99.9% of the time, but i still think that the 99.9% of the time its flawed. If a deer grows it, it should count- No deductions.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I think it's kinda funny, honestly. Kinda like this guy found a big 'ol tax shelter, huh?

I'm betting the guys shooting the "bigger deer" are pissed, though. I'll give you that.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think it's kinda funny, honestly. Kinda like this guy found a big 'ol tax shelter, huh?

I'm betting the guys shooting the "bigger deer" are pissed, though. I'll give you that.
EXACTLY! lol
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

This deer officially grosses 312 and nets 295. When you conjure up a 295 class buck in your head, do you see this?
17" of deduction on a 312" buck isn't nothing to get excited about in my mind on a NT buck. Thats very impressive to say the least with that many inches of rack. This rack in reality is very symetrical with only having 5.5% in deductions. The average typical buck has 8% deductions on it which figures out to about 8".
Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Schultzy,

Its not the deductions I take issue with, its the fact that a rack like that even remotes approaches the 300 class is a scoring anomaly.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Schultzy,

Its not the deductions I take issue with, its the fact that a rack like that even remotes approaches the 300 class is a scoring anomaly.
I understand you now I think.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they should throw out the existing systems and impliment a new one with 3 catagories.
Big rack = WOW
Great big rack = OMG
Eye popping monster rack = WTF[8D]

Quick Reply: Flaws in the P&Y and B&C scoring systems.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.